Article in newspaper.

CMF_Family Hack

» CMF Member
Hey Mike,
Scan it and post on the site.When is the new Micra going to be released? Must be getting close.
Would love to rock up to a dealership in Family Hack and ask for a test drive then come back and say it is way down on power compared to the K11 model.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
I saw it at the Perth Motor Show - impressions were of a very stylish interior and a quirky exterior. Sort of like a designer handbag on wheels! Might grow on me if they release an S version!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Except they're incorrect with the timing belt thing.

Regardless I know I don't regret parting with my money for my Micra. Probably going to be one of the best cars I'll ever own.

I doubt any cars I'll buy in the future will be packaged as nicely as the k11 (and as DIY friendly & built to not be a throwout item).

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
It does depend mostly on care and use but mileage is a component.As is the type of driving such as long country runs or lots of stop/start city driving.
The front brake rotors do wear down reasonbly quickly. After about 8 pad changes you will see wear in the rotors.

My clutch is original at 278,000k's but I've driven some 2nd hand Micras with only 148,000k's and the clutch's were rooted.

Lots a gravel road driving can damage the CV boots which will bring about early CV joint wear.

I spoke to one owner who suffered timing chain failure without any warning rattle.

Generally speaking however good maintenance and not having an abusive driving style should see a Micra go to at least 200,000 with out any worries.

Mychael

cisco

» CMF Member
Shesh. I killed my brand new exedy clutch on the first micra within about 15000Km. Absolutely flogged it though. I don't drive anything like that any more. Once I accidentally burnt the clutch a little in the R Colt and was very very upset about it :) Want to keep that car perfect :p Any wear/tear is terrible!!! Your car is a perfect example mipcar.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i think i'm quite hard om my cars.
in the micra. i was at 2 sets of pads per disc. 1 set of performance pads per year.
full set of tyres 1 year/8000 miles.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Polar, at least you were out enjoying your car. I admire you for that! Pads, rotors, tyres - they're all disposable items that are designed to wear out but that doesn't wear out the car itself. Lugging it around in too tall a gear, poor maintenance and being out of tune with the nuances with your car which means you don't notice when something's not quite right - those are the things that shorten the life of a car.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
exactly, i push the car hard but i dont feel that i am mistreating it. it gets nice oil changes. i often rev to 7krpm, but the engine is designed to take it no problem.

Back