Apple MacIntosh users?

Do you use a Mac

• Total voters
T

thekore

Hi Guys,

As most of you know I'm fairly new here, not only to MSC but to driving in general. But something got me thinking... Im sitting here, with a pint of Carlsberg Export posting on my iBook G4.

Apple users are far and far between, so I was wondering how many of the MSC users actually use a Mac? not just a modern Mac i.e. G4 / Intel Core Duo, but any Macintosh based hardware!

So, add to the poll!

I used to have a mac, well several realy, I had a snow imac for about 24 hours before it broke and was replaced by a graphite one :glare:

Then a couple of years later I bought a PowerBook G4 Ti and I used that right up until it couldn't play and of the new games, at which point I couldn't afford to buy a new mac and I had gotten fed up with not being able to upgrade easily so I spent £900 on this Amd 64 based comp arround may last year.

I have to say I don't think I will be going back any time soon. I loved my macs but I much pefer being able to play all the new games and not have to wait to see if some of the best ones get ported. Also contary to what Apple advertised my self built windows machine has crashed far less that Apple's OS 9 and OS X ever did. The only thing I use my Powerbook for now is if I want to watch a video somewhere where there isn't a dvd player.

I don't know much the intel based ones will have changed things but as I am skilled (tho it doesn't take much, try it yourself) enough to build my own stable computer from scrach I wont ever be buying a mac again. I may buy the latest Mac OS if it can be instlalled on to a home made machine one day tho.

I do have a soft spot for macs, the computers themselves look so much better than any Windows PC companies produce, the operating system is lovely to use (only used up to Mac OS 9.1). But I prefer the Linux GUI and reliability anytime....although i still have to use windows from time to time....sadly :(

ollie240585 said:
But I prefer the Linux GUI and reliability anytime...

Well, its nice to see at least a couple other Mac users. However Ollie, OS X is based off the solid Unix base which is far more superior to its Linux follwers ;)

edit: Hell, why not add my screenie :D

Back