Anyone know this micra?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Looks pretty familiar - Mainly because of the silver grille with QLD plates. With the Whiteline sticker on the rear window there's a good chance one of the owners was a member on here, but unless unless it had lots done to it or if one owner was really active on here, there might not be a huge chance to find info on it :(

Judging from the tacky interior, the grille + broken foglight and other bits, I'd say it probably hasn't had the easiest life but if it's mechanically sound it could be a reasonable buy for that price. There's heaps you could bargain it down with since the seller probably doesn't know what model it is (It does appear to be a proper Super-S).

I'll have a bit more of a hunt around but not too sure if anything will show up.

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mycra WROTE:

"like dens said if the motor is good...its a good buy

if it was auto id be there tomoz...

I didn't say that. You can swap a new motor in if you have a spare couple of hours, but what I meant was that the condition of the shell and major components (suspension, brakes, wheels/tyres and other important things like any crash damage) are what I'd be checking out to see if it's a worthwhile purchase for that money.

Considering you can pick up CG13's for not much cash, it's a bit of a way down on the list if I'm looking at a car like that. I'd say the less mechanically inclined would benefit from someone knowledgeable to help them out if looking at that car (not directed at you, Splash).

Also, you'll never find an automatic Super-S here unless it's been converted.

---dens

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
Greo WROTE:

"if u are a member of secretdrift.com.au a guy is selling his white slx for 2200 with 13x6+0 dragways.<BR><BR>if not join the site and pm him anyway.<BR>they are pretty security conscious though so might take a bit of effort to join these days.<BR><BR><BR>link:<BR><A title=http://www.forums.secretdrift.com.a...1359&amp;pid=605032&amp;st=0&amp;#entry605032 href="http://www.forums.secretdrift.com.a...1359&amp;pid=605032&amp;st=0&amp;#entry605032" target=_blank>http://www.forums.secretdrift.com.a...1359&amp;pid=605032&amp;st=0&amp;#entry605032</A><BR><BR>

that guy is on here as well..

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Rudy WROTE:

"I'd like to build a sup.s automatic for the missus, is this conversion hard? would a pulsar auto be better?(if fits?)

No idea. The easiest way to go about it besides buying a CVT SLX and using that, is to pull all the running gear out of an CVT SLX and dump it into the Super-S. Things to consider would be the space taken by the ABS unit in the Super-S, the cluster, if changed over from the SLX to have the auto lights wouldn't have the tacho (would be strange with the CVT!). There's lots more I'm sure but that's just what comes to mind now.

I would say that it's possible but I'd strongly question why you'd want to ruin a Super-S with an auto :p

---dens

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
Yes that is right it was a old members car. Matt and he did alot of work to this car and he did drive it pretty hard and it has had the engine replaced with a second hand engine by my mate. But it has some good suspension and things on it would be a good starting point. Sad to see that he sold it.

Back