Anyone know anything about law?

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Maybe this isn't the place for it but I've got a bit off trouble and I could use a quick response.

My brother's, heroin addicted, ex girlfriend and her band of merry men just turned up causing trouble. Now according to the police they can't do anything til a crime has been committed.

So what I want to know is what can I legally do to defend myself and my property from this bunch of addicts.

It's not so much me I'm worried about as I can handle myself but my poor micra is out there...

Thanks and if admin want they can remove this.

If it were me, id go out and get in my micra and drive off to save it from being vandalised!! Id sleep much better knowing its safe!! Even if i slept in it:grinning:

But yeah i dont think there is much you can do, until someone damages something, as you say.

Ah the uk, the only country where you can only defend yourself after a crime has happened.
At least in the USA you can shoot someone if they come on your property.

I would cover the car up, or ask to put it in a next door neighboors drive for a bit and owe a favour, then get a camera with night vision and record when they arrive. Keep a mobile on hand with 999 in fast dial and as SOON as they lay a foot on your property they are trespassing so you can legally tell them to get off your land, if that annoys then and they go for you then either 1. if you can handle them and they havent got weapons slap em a bit and they will get the message, if they got knives hit dial on the mobile and keep them busy till the police get there. ( or in a perfect world get some tranq dart and put em all to sleep before police get there)

You have a right to defend yourself, but ONLY with reasonable force, and you must not show intent. If you have a baseball bat by your door, you will get in trouble. If you start waving knifes about you will be nicked. However you can get away with something like a torch (no surprise there) as it would be reasonable to keep one near the front door in case of a power cut, and again reasonable if you thought you heard a noise to go and inspect, but again, not really an option if its daylight.

Get the idea?

Oh and the police can do something but you MUST keep records of whats going on. If they repeatedly come round there is lots that can be done (disturbing the peace) if you have a video camera keep it loaded, and ready for if they come. Nothing is better than this when it comes to proof.

EDIT: (or in USA as mentioned... shoot em)

or lay a ring of oil/diesel on the drive and when they stand in it throw a fag. if police ask, your car had an oil/diesel leak and one of the chavs dropped his fag and it lit up!

Ok I've been reading a bit, all I can do is get a woman to hit em round the head with a rock, cos if I do it it's assault but if a woman does it it's self defence.

The problem is this crew carries around knives and god knows what else, also if they bleed on me I may catch whatever disease they got off their dirty needles.

Read what i said and get a cheap camera. Once you have them doing it on film and the police have it i think youll see some action.

Yeah thanks everyone it's all sorted now, must get a cam anyway.

I simply spoke to them in a way they could understand, any trouble now and I know where they all live so I can do the same to them.
Before anyone says anything, with these people, 2 wrongs do make a right.

There's lots of ways to get rid of them but only one is legal and that is to get a video of em in action...

A Baseball bat by the door is perfectly legal provided the ball is with it...i have one in my car...with a ball....

You could build a Potatoe gun...they're good fun and i doubt very much they'd argue with a spud coming at em at a ton! lol!

or there's Rook scarers....VERY LOUD....will make anyone pi** their pants within 5yds....i've seen it and it's hilarious!!! :laugh:

I'm not saying try that...i'm just saying what 'other' ways there are of getting ones own back.......fight back...... Stick up for what's rightfully yours and that's peaceful enjoyment of personal possessions (first protocol of the European convention of human rights) and if the Police don't do anything after the first attack...if there is one....sue their arses for not doing what they're paid to do. if you pay community charge then you help pay their wages and have every right to ask for Police protection (remember salmon rushdie?)

I blame previous Gov'ts for the hell we're all in...:glare:

I've had trouble before, the police in my area don't help, they won't even do anything to me if I seek revenge, that's just the way it is according to a friend in the force. Too much paperwork.

You could get them an ASBO if you can get one of your neighbours to complain as well - if they break that then they face 5 years inside - nothing like abusing a disgracefrul piece of legislation, although it seems that you've already sorted the problem out yourself :)

easy, do what i would do.....,call the police and tell em they have a gun...

5 minutes and they will be eating dirt with an mp5 in the back of their head..lol

The best thing to do if a group of people turn up causing trouble is to lock the doors, bolt the windows and get the 5-0 round pronto. If you go out and confront a bunch of weapon-wielding drug addicts then you are asking for it, it doesn't matter how big or tough you are. Park the car somewhere else, leave it with a friend until it all blows over. It's not worth running the risk.

If you are caught out in the open then you may use reasonable force to defend yourself, including pre-empting an attack, although you must believe you are in imminent danger of being subject to assault if you do strike first (clearly this will make it harder to justify your actions as self-defence, however). Using any sort of weapon would not be seen as reasonable and you would be open to conviction.

Get a pressure washer. My friend was having bother when the community centre next to his house decided to set up a needl exchange (yes, right after the brownies on a night time!!) and they were hassling his family and wrecking his front lawn. He used to stand in his bathroom with the pressure washer on and fire it down at the plebs underneath on his drive.... when they got used to that, he used to just stand at his front porch and blast them with it.

:D

you can have them charged with assault even if they dont touch you I believe, if you feel that you are in physical danger due to a prospective assailants actions then it's assault, on those grounds you are entitled to act first in self defence. Keep video evidence of their actions, write a diary of everything that happens, and dont provoke them, the Police have an obligation to protect you, thats why we pay council tax.

My local police are a joke, my mother was having trouble with one of her ex's. She called the police and they were all like 'well when someone is in the area we will send them round'. I told her to say he had a gun, still took 'em 20 minutes to arrive.

Back