Anyone have a spare engine?

CMF_MyZBU

» CMF Member
Hi there,

I've just discovered this site through tragic circumstances! It looks like I should have found it sooner!
Anyway - on Sunday Afternoon the timing chain in my 1995 Super-S snapped! As it turns out - a messy result! It currently sits in a trusted (? been around 40+years) Fyshwick workshop.
The Mechanic has now recommended finding another engine!
If I source the motor and get it to him he can then fit it for me!
Does anyone have or know where I can get another engine for my poor unwell car? At a reasonable price!
I have become very attached to my little Micra - a feeling that I believe people on this site can relate to!
Anyone?

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
I have an engine out of a micra that I am fitting a SR20 into, it is in good condition. The person who sold me the car said it had been rebuilt about 50,000km ago. It ran quietly and smoothly for me returning about 600km per tank of fuel until I removed it to fit the SR. However the downside is that I am in W.A.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Hey MyZBU

A few members on here have sourced some low km Jap-spec engines from Delux Auto Wreckers which are from Smithfield by memory. If you check the "Service Excellence" section (in the blue bar under the "community tab") you should be able to find their number.

If your car also didn't come with p/s or a/c this would be a good time to add these in as well!

How many km's does your Super S have?

Sean - Another Canberra Member

CMF_MyZBU

» CMF Member
Thanks simply mighty, I'll check them out and Thanks micrat - but yes - you are in WA...
I've had another couple of leads. I've found one at Japanese Autowreckers in Gladesville for $495 and the Everlast guy gave me the number of a local guy who apparently has one, I'll give him a call tomorrow (Ooops - today). I'll post an update.

It's done about 98,500kms now - I believe I'm the third owner and got it at 47,000kms (or so).

Hmmmm - air conditioning sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately, I didn't budget for my engine to "blow up" this month. But I will include a/c in my enquiries from now!

CMF_MyZBU

» CMF Member
ALL FIXED!

I Picked up a motor for $500 from a guy who was wrecking a Micra that was written off after being hit in the side.

The guy's at Everlast in Fyshwick (happy to give them a plug!) and especialy one of their mechanics - Garry Hickey put the motor into my car and charged trade price (Labour total was $1120+GST - may have included dismantleing and assessment of previous damaged motor).

Now this engine runs quieter than my previous engine ever did! And after borrowing an old Pajero for the last week it's nice to be back in my little car with attitute (a different attitude than you find in a Pajero!)

I read somewhere on this site that there was only ever 303 or so 1995 Super-S Micras sold in Australia - I've managed to keep at least one of them on the road! And there I hope to keep it for a while to come!

Total repair cost = $1,792.17

:)

Back