alloy wheels help..

K

k!!

No nothing about alloys but got some 13'' alloys over the weekend and swapped them on but now i am told i need alloy wheel bolts, what are these?? where i can get them and what size would i need?? tried searching threads found loads of info on alloys but nothing about the bolts.

thanks
r

no, that'z what i thought and bought a set of them at halfords only to be told that it'z wrong and it'z the alloy bolts that i require and halfords don't do them. :-(

Careful what you mean by Bolts, because you can buy bolts which go inside the wheel hubs, and you can buy nuts which hold the wheel onto the car.

You need to buy nuts which are size M12 x 1.25 - You can get a chrome set off ebay for £20!

Its not often the bolts need replacing unless they cross thread or snap off

thanks arnold, i got the alloys without the bolts/nuts and just swapped them with the bolts i had on my steelies :-(.

yeah i did that and was fine, but i know some people do need smaller wheel nuts, so they dont scrape the surface of the alloy when removing them.

k!! said:
thanks arnold, i got the alloys without the bolts/nuts and just swapped them with the bolts i had on my steelies :-(.

I changed some alloys for Ems this weekend mate and thats the situation we're in at the moment. The standard steely bolts look crap but it aint the end of the world - they do there job for now!

Shouldnt take longer than ten mins to change them all over either. We got some off ebay this weekend which is why i was able to give you the exact M12 x 1.25 measurement you need :)

Arnold

when i had the dare wheels on i needed the thin ones, i got them ordered from motor world - i think it was £2 a nut and £3 for the tool! You do the math - they erode like nobodys business too! They look like bolts though, long and thin - most important thing you shuld buy for alloys is locking wheel nuts and its worth the extra money buying the good ones rather than the £15 ones! Midn you if they really want them off they will have the gear to get them off

Back