Alloy wheel sizes

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
Hi its me again, need a little advice
i have inhereted a five set of 195/60/14 alloys and tyre by a scrap dealer and they are used nissan ones, i just wondered if they can go onto my 1996 k11 nissan micra 1.0. do i need to get any additional stuff to fit these on?

thanx for the help

CMF_Virusash

» CMF Member
hi again, i have a BIG problems now, the alloys i inhereted are from a nissan primera and the holes for the wheel fixing do not match the micra wheel fixing
what can i do to solve this problem?????

Thannx for ur help

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
Your micra is 100mm PCD, a primera is 114mm.
Best advice is sell them & get some that fit.
It would be expensive to fit hubs with a 114mm stud pattern.
Adaptors would push the wheel to far outboard & screw up the steering geometry.
Drilling holes more in the factory alloy is probably not a safe thing to do.

CMF_NotAnotherSSS

» CMF Member
You *could* get the rims re-bored to suit the 4x100 stud pattern, but I would only do it after consulting an engineer.

Would probably be cheaper to just sell the primera rims and buy some almera rims.

CMF_Jindrich

» CMF Member
I found a table for a better outlook:

4x100 are: Micra (K10, K11), Almera (N15), Sunny (Y10, Y10L, B12, N13, N14), 100NX (B13).

BUT 4x114,3 are: Pimera (P10, P11, W10), Prairie (M11), 200 SX (S 13), Almera (N16).
I hope, it will be helpful.

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
If the circumference of the new wheels are different to the old then the car will be travelling further/less further each time the gearbox cog spins. As the speedo has been calibrated with the stock wheels on fitting new ones will throw the speedo out by a %.

You can overcome this by fitting thinner tyres such as 45 etc until the circumference is nearly the same.

CMF_elx

» CMF Member
hey im running those rims, i've wrapped them in some 185 55 14's and my speedo seems to be accurate (based on those damn slow down signs that light up when your too fast). I chose the 185 55's over 45's as running low profiles is a mistake where i live. Far too many pot holes.

Back