Airbag red light blinking

Hello guys, I recently repaired my k13 '15 (crushed left side doors). When I got the car the a red light was constantly blinking (Airbag light).The mechanic told me that it will turn off by itself in 3 days, but I m not so sure. Any suggestions ?

Seems a bit of an odd suggestion to say that it will turn itself off....

Usually, when the airbag light is illuminated/flashing beyond its initial self-test, it indicates some sort of fault or deployment condition. I'm not aware of a mode where it will clear in 3 days, sounds like a fob off to me!

You mention the car was repaired. Was it involved in a crash or impact at all, did any of the airbags deploy?

Reading the service manual, the flashes might indicate what’s actually at fault if its dropped itself into diagnostics mode. The flashes are 0.5 seconds apart and if there are multiple faults, it will pause for 2 seconds before flashing again.
Turn off the ignition, then turn it back on and count the flashes that appear in quick succession and count again if there is a small pause.

1671057610217.png

However ff the flashing is steady and repeating then this maybe appropriate. At no point does it state the fault self clears after a number of days (although it does state that the system can self clear if it detects the fault is no longer present).
1671057749206.png

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply .The car was hit by other vehicle , but the airbags didn't open ..only the two left doors were damaged .The mechanic told me that the light appeared because they disconnected the battery a few times( the car stayed immobile 34 days).I will try find the solution tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for your help and info.

Back