Air Pressure

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If stock size, which is what I've got. I've always run high 30's (P.S.I). Sometimes even 40. All the time.

I've done it with all my tyres on the Micra since I bought it and no abnormal wear or handling. Ride is a bit harsher and wet road grip is not as good.

Otherwise worked well.

Mychael

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Also keep in mind different brands can perform a mile apart depending on air pressure, which was why I said 40psi and work from there, as I have had rubber that will come good above 45psi, and others that just turn to mush above 38psi.

Sidewall design is the huge factor there, high air pressure can work wonders for cheap tyres with rubbish sidewalls, and work against a quality tyre with very rigid walls.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Stock tyres 35 to 36 is normal pressure but up to 40 if you are trying to save fuel but only if the tyres are ok at that pressure as others have said. If you have some 15" rims and running low profile tyres then go with what the manufacture recommends and nothing eles as running them with incorrect pressure is that fastest what to kill them.

Back