AERO Blade Aerobics

All,

There seems to be 2 families of aeroblade windscreen wipers.

1. Retrofit aeroblades...(that fit directly onto the oem hook-arm of the original wiper assembly). The wiping blade part appears to be a copy of the design on regular wipers. I’ve heard mixed reports of performance for this type of wiper (som say ACE..others say CHATTER)

2. OEM aerobldes as fitted to many modern card from new...these have a much heavier feel and the blade design is integral to the sprung concave rubber aeroblade....these fit to an arm with a "PIN"? arrangement on a wiper arm and are 'apparently' worlds ahead of the retrofit types...

I’ve had a quick google for option 2 -ing but no real leads...

does anyone know if it would be possible to pinch a wiper arm from a n OEM aeroblade wiper system and fit it to a micra motor spindle (if the length of the arm was correct..(IE is the spindle fitting standard for all cars (so that a n original aeroblade can be fitted properly on the "PIN"? fitting on the end of the arm?

or would the only solution along these lines be to GRAFT a "PIN"? fitting onto the end of a hook arm?

The OEM Aeroblade have so many patents on its design it's really hard for an aftermarket tobe done, though there are companys that do them obviously. I can get them for my car cheap as chips but I'd rather keep my Carbon Fibre look, lol.

Sammo, I went with option one.

Picked some up on ebay and fitted them just in time for the heavens to open up for about a week solid.

This gave me time so see what they were all about.

I havent tried option two, but I'll definately be buyin aeroblades rather than standard blades from now on.

I know you said youve heard mixed reports, but I thot I'd throw in my two cents anyway :laugh:

PS. Loved you in Martial Law! (Y)

i just got some retrofit aeroblades for me k10 the other week from tescos, £4 each, much better than standard wiper blade imo.

Back