A classic?

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys,

Just wondered what you guys think about the K10 (and years down the line, K11 and 12 etc.) in terms of classic cars...

:k10:

Sure they're not the most desirable of vehicles (never were really...), but the K10 has its charm, and now its getting old perhaps people will regard the car as a "classic" of the early 90's, much like some of the VW Golf's are remembered...

Will our pride and joys be sought after by collectors in 20 years time? Or are they all destined to be scrap metal with none but the elite (ST etc.) remaining...? :wasntme:

Just began thinking about this as an ebay listing said "get yourself a future classic"... hmmm.

I think that any K10 has the possibility of becoming a sought after classic, it was the starter car for a lot of people, but only the higher spec K11s will become sought after imo, it's a little too early to say for the K12, but I wouldn't expect them to become a classic, you never know though, who would have thought that after producing a few million minis that they would become a major classic so quickly after its demise.

depnds really. i would have said out side japan the k10 wont really be remember much - as for the k11 - still plenty of life left in them :D

k10 still have life in them at leist they dont have computers in them if they go wrong compair 2 k11 and k12 when computers cost more than the car is worth in 20 or 25 years down the line

james betley said:
k10 still have life in them at leist they dont have computers in them if they go wrong compair 2 k11 and k12 when computers cost more than the car is worth in 20 or 25 years down the line

It'll be like the computer they got to the moon with, something like 74Kb of memory :D

k10 still have life in them

What I ment is you don't normally see a uni gran or a new driving going out and buying a k10 with the passion that a k10 owner on here has. it's normally been given to them and they've done a search and found this site thus the love begin (or at least a majority of the time).

wilsonian said:
What I ment is you don't normally see a uni gran or a new driving going out and buying a k10 with the passion that a k10 owner on here has. it's normally been given to them and they've done a search and found this site thus the love begin (or at least a majority of the time).

like me with my K11, which is unfrotunatly going! i think the golf idea is comming back 1.6 all the way! :D i bet ben is glad ta hear that lol!

I haven't worked on many cars but I find the k11 pretty easy compare to other small "hot hatches".

I think if the K10 wants to be remember they should have released the ST over here. I think it'll be remember but for the wrong reasons.

Back