'96 LX Micra for sale

CMF_mudrat

» CMF Member
Hi guys... I'm fairly new to the forum but have been lurking for a while... been a Micra fan since they were first released here in '95.

I recently purchased a red 96 LX that's in pretty good nick - only 105,000km on the clock, straight body (although the driver's door has been replaced at some point), full service history and only one previous owner.

I bought it to downsize and save a bit of cash (I drove a 4WD previously), and I now want to arrange to sell it as I'm moving to the UK in January. I'd prefer to hang onto it until mid December, though, if possible...figured it wouldn't hurt to try and line up a buyer in advance, and thought I'd post it here first, 'cos it is in good condition and it'd be nice to see it go to a Micra enthusiast. :)

I'm asking $4000 for it - negotiable within reason (I need the $$ to cover travel costs). All queries welcome - email me at [email protected]

Cheers!!

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Damn! That's one clean Micra. I wish my red LX was in that sort of condition. :-(

I may be interested by late December/early January if it's still for sale. Love driving my Micra, but not sure if I can justify fixing it up to that sort of standard. Might be better just to buy yours.

CMF_mudrat

» CMF Member
Thanks guys... it is a nice little ride. :) I looked around for few months to find the right one... saw a seriously dodgy SLX at a dealer in Melbourne... then I found this one at a dealer in Wagga, of all places!!

The headlight/bonnet protectors are genuine Micra, but there are a couple of cracks and such; there's a crack in the passenger door handle (a common problem with the LXs, I believe); and the red paint of the driver's door is a slightly different shade to the rest of the car. It has the odd tiny paint chip, and a very minor scrape on the front bumper - all in all, I thought it was in fantastic nick for its age.

LonePhantom, let me know if you want to have a closer look - I live in Gungahlin and work in Tuggeranong, so almost nowhere in Canberra is out of my way. :) I leave the country on 7th January, and am hoping to sell the car at least 2 or 3 weeks before that, so let me know if you'd like to discuss it further.

Cheers!

CMF_mudrat

» CMF Member
Bumping this thread as this vehicle is now officially on the market - I'll be advertising in the local paper next weekend, and might whack it on Carsales too.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, please let me know. :)

Back