• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

1994 Micrawave

Here we go then...
Was in need of a cheap runaround after buying a K10 which was constantly breaking down and quickly becoming a complete money pit so after looking around a bit, I managed to pick this up for just £250!
17797260_10202812715556681_179900049_o.jpg

That photo actually makes it look a lot better than it is, the paintwork is really worn out in places and it's covered in scratches but for the price I paid, I really wasn't too bothered, it's
just good to be back in a working Micra! Also my plan is to hopefully build something that will be fun to take out on a few track days at some point in the future so the paintwork isn't really an issue and I have a few ideas in my head for a kanjo style paintjob that will cover up most of the bad bits if I decide to go through with it...

I've already done a few things to it in an attempt to make it look a bit better and will hopefully be starting on some proper modifications when the funds are available.
The first thing I did was take the battered wheel trims off and gave the steelies a quick spray with some black paint and added some centre caps.
Before:
17837613_10202812712236598_1413182207_o.jpg

After:
17797119_10202812713396627_351858326_o.jpg

Next up I decided to paint the headlight inserts which proved to be a pig of a job as two of the bolts that hold the drivers side headlight in refused to come out but I got there eventually and ended up with this:
17819758_10202812713356626_792395300_o.jpg

Will hopefully be getting some better photos this weekend as we're supposed to be getting some sun!

Got some new bulbs today! Yellow sidelights and some white halogen bulbs as the current ones were super dim, will post a photo when it's dark enough to see them well. Also pulled my grill out to make a few changes...
17779005_10202817915926687_166150388_o.jpg

More photos to follow soon!

Few progress photos...
Yellow side lights:
IMG_0654.JPG

White headlight bulbs:
IMG_0655.JPG

Much better visibility at night now although for some reason the headlights come on really dim now with the sidelights when the engine is running? Not really an issue but a bit weird...

That's standard for the headlights to be on with side lights. It's basically you can't drive without headlights except when there's no lights on. There's a thread here on removing the controls that do it

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Ah so it's got dim dip? Think that's what it's called anyway. Never noticed it on my other Micras, cheers for the info though (Y)

Finally got round to modifying the grill, got a bit impatient with the filler and probably could have done a better job but I'm happy with it for now.
Before:
17858368_10202817916406699_1969863854_o_zpstxnecjuz.jpg

After:
IMG_0657_zpskflogg4m.jpg

On the car:
IMG_0658_zps6fxgxnvz.jpg

Just need some mesh behind it to finish it off! Needs another clean soon too...

Haven't updated in a while but got some big plans ahead for the Micrawave! Decided not to go down the track car route although I still would like to take it on some track days for some fun.

I have a theme for the paint in my mind now as the old paint is pretty battered so I ordered a whole load of mtn 94 spray cans!
IMG_0723_zpsbxcxuyh1.jpg

There's supposed to be a can of Java green in there too but they messed up my order! :mad: Should be here soon though.

Also picked up a wheel the other day that I got super cheap for some test fitting. Annoyingly the previous owner tried to cut the tyre off and it's proving difficult to break the bead now.
IMG_0726_zps8qidgl1o.jpg

It's a Ford Capri Pepperpot which is 13x7 and 4x108 so I'm gonna try and get some 20mm adapters to get the on the car but it's gonna have some serious poke! Will be buying three more when I can too and giving them a colourful refurb using the mtn 94! Test fitted some arched in that photo too but I don't really want to go down that route so I'm thinking some arch rolling, slightly stretched tyres and a bit of camber up front should do the trick, bolt on arches are the backup plan.

Without arches:
IMG_0728_zpse8c1d1mh.jpg

On the front (tried to lean the wheel slightly to imitate a bit of camber):
IMG_0732_zpssjjulxpv.jpg

So hopefully the car will be painted at some point in the few weeks and then it's time to save for some coilovers :D

Big update!
Managed to get quite a bit done to the car last weekend including getting the paint sorted so it's now officially matte white :D
It's a little bit patchy and some spots need some more paint as I ran out but here she is!
IMG_0774_zpsxwpim1pu.jpg

IMG_0775_zpsukfe3zog.jpg
IMG_0773_zpsiiwulu8z.jpg

Also got some pressed number plates on, the plate lights from my old k10 and a Japanese subway ring to show some of the inspiration behind the car.
Just need to get a couple more cans of paint and possibly wet sand it when I get the time. Also need to finish picking off the rest of the masking tape which really doesn't want to come off :mad:

Window company have been completely taking the piss by not showing up and messing my appointments around but it should finally be fixed tomorrow so I can continue working! Should be ordering some cool retro tat soon too...

Last edited:
Back