160bhp hr16de engines available

N

nizzanz1

outline_2.jpg

this is what it looks like. tuned by nismo. used in the 1600cc racing series CCC or Circuit China Championship. fitted to the Tiida. outputs 160bhp. with the right contacts an import engine from china could possibly be purchased. or it gives the signal that you can tune your own NA hr16de engine to make 160bhp.
it runs on proper sized 15" wheels and not 16".

img_machine.jpg

aye, the 160sr should have had a choice in engines hr16de with 108bhp or 160bhp.

similar to the celica vvt-i/vvtl-i option

do you have any more specs for it? torque what mods have been done? cheers, good find :)

i dont have anymore spec, apart from it runs on 98 unleaded. and the power figure is kind of secret its quoted as "above 160bhp". capacity is obviously unchanged from 1598cc as its a 1600cc championship. the gearbox has been revised to have better ratios to make perfect use of the engines power.

it competes with the likes of vw polo, kia cerato and CITROEN FK16V.

lol i think ill get 160 may oown way ..will be abit cheaper think,,just abit :D

good find btw

is it a hr16de though?

thought the mainfold was on the back of the engine?

EDIT ACTUALLY JUST IGNORE THE COMMENT ABOVE YOU CANT REALLY TELL WHERE THE MANIFOLD IS

the TB is facing the wrong way to what mine does

mine goes to the passenger side that one goes to the back

its definately hr16de. its in china where your uk hr16de are made. china doesnt supply japan with the hr16de i think you already know. japan uses only the hr15de, this maybe to do with tax classes or something in japan i dont know.

nice, but with it being race, probably has silly RPM limits? So 140bhp would be a decent figure to achieve with 95ron me thinks.

i would think 160bhp could be reliably had from the hr16de, it is vvt isnt it?
i dont think CCC would be the type of series where they replace engines, they probably use the same engine all year. 100bhp/litre isnt much for a vvt engine to do. the k11 1.3 engine can cope with 130bhp that just needs and 8k rev limit.
would be nice to hand over a 160sr to a ecu/chip tuning company on a RR and let them reprogramme the vvt etc. i bet without any other parts its could get some nice big powergains.

ah, rik said it was vvt. maybe its not. yes that does seem too low revs for a vvt. maybe piper can do some work to the cams, that should be worth doing. along with a unichip or something.

nizzanz1 said:
ah, rik said it was vvt. maybe its not. yes that does seem too low revs for a vvt. maybe piper can do some work to the cams, that should be worth doing. along with a unichip or something.

did i?? where?

on the suzuki thread i listed a few things the swift had, including vvt, you said the 160sr had all those apart from rear discs.

the swift is a suzuki its called the suzuki swift sport. we were talking about vvt not vvl.

From several reports i have read the asian hr16 in the tiida produces 118bhp and 167nm. these are not official figures i don think though.

no someone was asking if the HR16 has VVT i simply pointed out id didnt and if it did it would be VVL.... it doesnt really matter TBH its jsut a shame they didnt make it actually 160BHP for the 160SR :(

? why didnt you buy a 1.0 k12 then?
so if the 160sr was 118bhp you wouldnt have bought it?

nizzanz1 said:
? why didnt you buy a 1.0 k12 then?
so if the 160sr was 118bhp you wouldnt have bought it?

because its not 110bhp the 160sr is about my limit for insurance..and that was a stupid question

not a stupid question as your answer has made me understand. so your not going to tune your 110bhp to any higher then. plan is to remove weight and have insurance avoiding stealthy mods? what if they see your new bumper?

nizzanz1 said:
not a stupid question as your answer has made me understand. so your not going to tune your 110bhp to any higher then. plan is to remove weight and have insurance avoiding stealthy mods? what if they see your new bumper?

group 6 with mods is cheaper than group 7 with mods...flux will let me do anything now and it wont go up much.they know about all my mods including the new bumper

i would be surprised if it didnt have the nissan variable valve timing gear on it most/all of the new petrol engines that nissan make have it,

but its nothing to shout about it will only move a few degrees each way nothing major

outline_2.jpg

this is what it looks like. tuned by nismo. used in the 1600cc racing series CCC or Circuit China Championship. fitted to the Tiida. outputs 160bhp. with the right contacts an import engine from china could possibly be purchased. or it gives the signal that you can tune your own NA hr16de engine to make 160bhp.
it runs on proper sized 15" wheels and not 16".
How do you tune the engine to 160bhp? Also once tuned to that level. Can turbo charge for even more power?

Back