1.4 micra

Not as easily as the 1.3, but you can put on a better air intake (almera airbox + DIY matched cold air intake probably best bang for buck), cams, port the head, possibly raise compression. I think (but not 100% sure) you can remap them with nistune. If you want an exhaust manifold (which gets rid of one of the more restrictive factory components) then it needs to be custom or remove your aircon. Maybe someone with a 1.4 can help you out a bit.

I put a cone filter (£8 on ebay) on mine, made a big difference, quicker of the mark.
I just cut off the old air intake about 6" from the air box, and it was a nice fit with a jubilee clip. Put a smaller cone filter on the smaller inlet and removed the old filter from inside the box.
Try it, you'll be surprised......makes a decent tone as well....barp, barp.
NB. There's a piccie further back on the old what did you do thread, maybe 10 pages back.

....or Brap Brap even :p
(to Barp is to burp and throw up a little in your mouth according to the urban dictionary LOL)
WHOOPS :oops: must have been thinking of my night down the pub last night.
Then definitely barp...barp. 10 pints, 2 JDs, a vodka...all finished off with a cup of tea....barp....barp. :D

Back