1.2 Auto 2003, only 230 miles to a tank? bad?

hi there,

i have a micra k12, 1.2 auto 2003, I only get 230 miles to a full tank of fuel. 230miles is all city driving.

what sort of mileage are you getting to a tank?

many thanks

ps i do know auto box do get lesser mpg

I have a 1.4 manual and brimmed with £55 of fuel it gets about 365 but I know I could get more if I drove more conservatively.
My mum has a 1.2 manual, so I'll ask her what sort of mileage hers gets for you, pretty sure you should get more than that.

How much does a "full tank" constitute money-wise? I'm pretty sure my old 1.3 K11 had a broken fuel gauge as it would go from the red to full with £30, and I'd get 250 miles out of it. However when we drained it, it said it was 3/4 and yet filled the bigger tank in my K12 from empty to full and then put half a tank in my mums car too. So I think it had way more than empty when it hit the red. Try and work out what MPG you should be getting, it should be over 40 easily.

hi there many thanks for reply,

£46 gives me 230 miles. which is 30mpg, all city driving. dont know if its the auto box which wasting fuel.

It would be good to see how other are doing with or without auto box.

many thanks

i've got a 1.2 s auto 2003 and i get about the same, all city driving, doing about 60 miles to a quarter of a tank. (thats a weeks worth of driving for me lol) :)

If it really is the auto box causing that then I think I'd rather change gear by hand and gain myself a good 10mpg!

I find if I put say £10 in use it and then put £10 in again. Then it doesn't last half as long as if I'd put £20 in one go. No idea why.

City driving will crucify your economy. My 1.6 averages 42.3 but on all city driving it does about 30. If I reset at a steady 80 it does about 60 mpg.

totally agree with you Guy about city driving, Choi, are you driving with the overdrive button 'off'? This can reduce fuel economy, its best to have it on for normal driving.

Put the overdrive button on for normal driving, checked my manual and it says only switch it off for towing vehicles/steep hill climbing etc. I've put mine on and got 80 miles to a quarter of a tank- about 320 to a full tank for city driving :) (sorry i don't know how to work out the mpg)

Back