0 - 210

yea as standard runin 2x8 litre engines :D

would anyone know this even existed if top gear didnt review it,,and the review was pointless imo

Jim said:
incorrect. it's 8.0 litre total, but two V8's. don't be fooled by the 16.0 in the veyron's full name

didnt know its name,,just thought it was 2x8litres and not 2xv8's

iirc (probly not) it has 4 turbos

engine has 16.4 on it meaning 16 cylinders 4 turbos.. it is infact two V8's on a common crank.. TBH the downfal of the car was the fact the engine was designed afer the body had been penned hence so many problems with cooling and areodynamics ect.. if it had been the other way around it could be even quicker... also drop 2 turbos and increase the remaining two in size!!:D gain some lag but add some power!! :D:D

Raceworx said:
it could be even quicker... also drop 2 turbos and increase the remaining two in size!!:D gain some lag but add some power!! :D:D

ur crazy...lol the fastest production car in the world YET you want to add more power! lol

Single turbos should be less lag not more, that is if done properly. However pipework becomes an issue and so can space.

it is only really two v8 engines in the same sense that aston martins v12 is two modeo st200 engines together. technically they was derived from a smaller engine but they didnt just put an couple of bolts in two v8s lol

most stunning car ive seen in a long time. vw and making a huge loss on the cars and it was only done to show it can be done lol. on top gear told us that the indicator arm costs £4,000 grr now thats got to be crazy.

The guy is reciting in Kph...I know it has 1000 HP, but it can't accelerate that fast!

Take a look at Keith Cowie R32...similar HP, a lot lighter, and it does 0-160 mph in approx. 9 seconds...

1 rule...DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Dave

Why would anyone get excited about a car getting to 210 KPH (125 mph)? The ST can get to 160Kph in around 14 seconds, I just timed in seconds the guy from the point he floors it to the point he says 210. Its about 9 seconds. 1000+ bhp will get you WAY WAY WAY past 125mph in 9 seconds, infact half that power would, so I'm still with MPH here.

didnt top gear say,it could let a mclarenF1 get to 100mph and still beat it to 200mph?

I’m pretty sure it’s the guys from EVO, the chap in the helmet looks to be Harry Metcalfe, the boss of the mag, but I may be wrong!!!

I just had a quick glance in evo and the figures do correspond with MPH

Still prefer the F1 tho!

it does 0-60 in 2.2 so i would imagine getting to 125 wouldn't be much bother to it? would imagine it would do 100 in second gear so wouldn't loose that much time even in gear change.

didnt top gear say,it could let a mclarenF1 get to 100mph and still beat it to 200mph?
... They certainly did, 120mph in fact!! SO it is un-imaginably fast!!! :)

Plus clarkson said to overtake or to really open it up you need to be able to see at least a mile of clear road in front of you… because the pick-up is so quick, you’re hitting 200 before you know it!

I’m with MPH I’m afraid. (not that it matters as the dash displays a rev counter and a BHP guage!! ?? :D :D :D :D

i would think it would be mph. as it has a 252mph LIMITED top speed. y would u ever want more power or more speed than that. refering to the 1000 bhp skylines arent they only made for drag really this thing is not only fast is will go round the bendy bits oo also has 7 gears :D

Yep, its definitly MPH and an amazing car!! Something like 8 radiators cooling many different bits, and at full speed, £100 of fuel will be used in 12 minutes!

Madness!

12 radiators, 2 to cool each intercooler as i recollect! plus 2 to control the hydraulic lifters for the rear wing!!

The top secret (gold) Sylines and Supra’s run the top speed challenges at rota-rua (or somewhere similar sounding), this this would decimate them!!!!

Actually batch, I very much doubt that even this would beat a drag skyline. Some of them are not far off 1500bhp, and do the 1/4 mile in low 8's.. This car has been getting alot of abuse from almost everyone I've seen write about it (built from a VW parts bin etc...) however, its an enginnering masterpiece and I think its utterly superb. As much as I like the F1, which is also an truly amazing car, this is truly a work of art and definately I like!

mph? It's 0-210km/h

The Jun Supra they ran at Bonneville bac in 2001 came close at 249mph but it's an older car with body mods to help cut drag, not something designed to go fast right out of the bag, and it took 1200ps to do it.

Lovely car though, sadly cannot afford one, only have 2 arms and 2 legs and I need them to drive my K11! ;)

I doubt it dave. Time it, its 9 seconds if that really is only 125 mph (which it can't be) it really would be quite a slow car.

Fastest ever!!! Standard road car in the world, kinda gives it away.., it would take out a proper formula 1 car on a straight aswell

Wait a minute, are you trying to say that it is 210 mph in 9 seconds...

No way guys...come on!

It's all about power-weight ratio...

i.e. this car has 1001 HP & weighs 1600 kgs...PWR = 625.25 HP per tonne...

Keith Cowie's R32 (example) has approx. 1000 HP & weighs approx. 1100 kgs...PWR = 909 HP per tonne...

The R32 can crack 160 mph in 9.3 seconds...

Bugatti does 210 in 9 seconds...Something wrong here!

You do the math guys please!

Fast it may be, but as said before, it ain't a top fuel dragster!!!

Dave

P.S. Ed, 210 kph is approx 131 mph.

I think it has to be KPH aswell. Top gear quoted it did 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds, it does 0-100 in that vid in around that. It doesnt seem to travel that far either for doing 210mph. At that speed the car would cover 3.5 miles every minute - which in turn works out at 0.058 miles every second. That converts to 93.8 metres. It sure doesnt look as if it covers the length of a football pitch in the time when he does 210.

Bugatti boast the top speed as in excess of 400kph aswell so imagine this will be in KPH aswell.

Edit: Just found this.
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/featured/feature02.asp

Think that proves its definately KPH.

The F1 does 100 in 7.7. You can let the F1 go to 120mph BEFORE even moving, so thats like 8 seconds. If the car could only hit 125in 9 seconds no WAY could you let it get to 120 before moving to beat to 200MPH, so it must be MPH

A very sick Ian who is going back to bed.

scottish-sr said:
I think it has to be KPH aswell. Top gear quoted it did 0-60mph in 2.5 seconds, it does 0-100 in that vid in around that. It doesnt seem to travel that far either for doing 210mph. At that speed the car would cover 3.5 miles every minute - which in turn works out at 0.058 miles every second. That converts to 93.8 metres. It sure doesnt look as if it covers the length of a football pitch in the time when he does 210.

Bugatti boast the top speed as in excess of 400kph aswell so imagine this will be in KPH aswell.

Edit: Just found this.
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/featured/feature02.asp

Think that proves its definately KPH.

how the did you work that one out? 0-100 in 4.xx and then another 5 seconds to gain an additional 25mph? gotta be MPH.

edit: But it does say 10.xx is 150mph... but i know for a fact that page was around well before the car was released. I still think MPH.

Porrly Ian.

Ian said:
how the did you work that one out? 0-100 in 4.xx and then another 5 seconds to gain an additional 25mph? gotta be MPH.

edit: But it does say 10.xx is 150mph... but i know for a fact that page was around well before the car was released. I still think MPH.

Porrly Ian.

When he is saying the speed, he mentions 100, if that was 100kph, 62mph, it hits it in roughly 2.5 seconds, which Top Gear said was the 0-60 time. The rest to do with distances etc is just simple maths. Although that page may have been around well before the car was realised I doubt they would be so off the mark with the estimates they gave.

Edit: A quote from auto express website "Our first run suggests the benchmark 0-60mph sprint is barely worth discussing at 2.5 seconds; 0-120mph is passed in 7.5 seconds"

Full article found here. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/60259/driven_the_fastest_car_ever.html

NISMO_ALMERA said:
Wait a minute, are you trying to say that it is 210 mph in 9 seconds...

No way guys...come on!

It's all about power-weight ratio...

i.e. this car has 1001 HP & weighs 1600 kgs...PWR = 625.25 HP per tonne...

Keith Cowie's R32 (example) has approx. 1000 HP & weighs approx. 1100 kgs...PWR = 909 HP per tonne...

The R32 can crack 160 mph in 9.3 seconds...

Bugatti does 210 in 9 seconds...Something wrong here!

You do the math guys please!

Fast it may be, but as said before, it ain't a top fuel dragster!!!

Dave

P.S. Ed, 210 kph is approx 131 mph.

Yup and it actually weighs 1950kg. Not 1600.

Its quick... But theres quicker road legal cars. Albeit not production.

Back