К11 wheels

CMF_SVEN

» CMF Member
Hello to everyone in this forum!
I have a question - what wheels and tires can be put on Nissan Micra 2001?
What opinions are about the 195/50/15 and 185/60/14?

P.S. my english is not perfect so I hope you understand )

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Hi,
14 inch is fine. A lot of members put them on. In my opinion max at 185/60.
Remember it's a light car.
Also if you go too large a wheel size you could effect economy and even perhaps handling.

I'm assuming ( I think correctly) that the 2001 versions which we did not get here are mainly cosmetic changes.

Mychael

CMF_kré

» CMF Member
i've got 15s with 195/50s, no complaints about the ride, but then again my last car was an ae86 with rock hard suspension, so compared to that everything feels soft to me :)

CMF_MattyK

» CMF Member
it's the lateral distance between the centreline of the tyre, and the intersection point of the kingpin axis and the ground.
http://autospeed.com/cms/A_2895/article.html

The Micra (like most FWDs) has negative scrub radius, this gives it stability under braking (the braking force causes toe-in). Using wheels with a lower offset reduces (or completely eliminates) the negative scrub radius, or makes it positive. This can lead to a very unstable handling car.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyres/CC48FC10-4D57-4F04-82E1-3BD72EF88340/0/VSI8.pdf
*in the case of a motor vehicle manufactured with a combination of front wheel drive, McPherson strut front suspension and negative scrub radius steering geometry, no increase in wheel track is permitted unless specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
Of course if you were really anal you could argue that the car doesn't have "McPherson" strut suspension, but most people wouldn't know the difference...

CMF_SVEN

» CMF Member
Thanks for the answers!
I bought wheels BBS R14 6J ET35!
It remains to paint and buy tires 185/60/14

Attachments

• 49573.jpg
    49573.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 50

CMF_1275

» CMF Member
You want 185/55x14 tyres, Toyo CF1's are pretty good, also what size is the centre bore? you might need to get them bored out to 59.1 mm.

CMF_MattyK

» CMF Member
The Superlites are sweet, if the 13x7 fits (and the offset is suitable) that's what I'd get, otherwise a 13x6 would be fine for most tyres available (up to 185 width). They're not especially "super light" though...

BTW I see Toyo does a R888 in 225/45R13, perfect diameter, but might be a bit tough to fit the width...

CMF_MattyK

» CMF Member
Not having a Micra (I'm in the hunt) I have no idea what will fit or not. I would try to stick as close as possible to the OEM offset if possible.

Lower offset means the wheel will be closer to hitting the guards.
Higher offset means the wheel will be closer to hitting the strut.

Remember that offset changes move the wheel in our out by that much, and rim width is equally distributed on both sides. eg a 13x6 ET23 will have the inner edge of the rim at the same place as a 13x5 ET35, but the outer edge will be 25mm further out.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
i was really thinking about that.....but the 13s really very appealing to me...i have a big passion with mini cars...its just the old classic mini is really bit small for me (well no wonder they called mini) and i want to create that mini look to micra...who knows one day this micra might be a classic car like the mini clubman....

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"You can get the Pulsar brakes to fit under 13inch rims, but a very, very, tight fit. I had to modify the calipers a bit on mine.

Mychael

Not necessarily. It depends entirely on the design of the wheel. I've fitted 13" wheels over AD18V calipers but it was such a tight fit that the car was beached (couldn't move with the wheels on). With a bit of grinding of the caliper you could get it to fit but the point is that it didn't.

For things like calipers versus wheels, you CANNOT assume things like the "Pulsar" calipers fitting over any 14" wheels. People have managed to fit 14" wheels over AD22VF's, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to be able to do the same.

---dens

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Found these but not sure if they will fit. Been looking for a while and reading off this site, I know that +38 offset is about right. Anyone know the maths to work out the offset on these ebay ones?..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/15-MAG-WHEEL...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230aa7cc24

Sorry to bring up an old thread or hijack, just thought it might be better to do this instead of starting yet another thread on wheels...

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
My green little micra currently ridnig on stock suspension would be hot on those ha ha!

Those would need fender lips right?.. What are they like 9's or something?..

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
e79 WROTE:

"My green little micra currently ridnig on stock suspension would be hot on those ha ha!

Those would need fender lips right?.. What are they like 9's or something?..

they,re just reworked stock steelies, 155/70/13,s 6.5 J on the blue car, and 165/60/14,s 6.5 J on the red one

Attachments

• 59538.jpg
    59538.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 79

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Wow, they don't look that extrme after all once on the car! Love the whole deep dish look too. Are those two on coilovers? Seems lower than just a sports spring and shock change whould give you..

But back on topic, using the WillTheyFit link above, seems to me like a set of 195/45/15's with an offset of 35 is a good fit. Should still be under the guards right?

I'm now thinking +38's would be inset too much towards the shocks.
Not bagging anyone, just want to keep daily drivabilty to 100%

Attachments

• 59539.jpg
    59539.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 37

CMF_e79

» CMF Member
Duly noted mate thanks. I hear that if the offset on the fronts are spot on, the rears usually still sit inward towards the shocks a bit. So is the prob with the rears that the tyre rubs on the shocks?

I think I'm gonna try 6.5s with an offset of about +35 unless I'm convinced otherwise.

Your spring setup sounds very well though out and cheap compared to the coilover alternative! Shame it's waaaay beyond my skills to fit unfortuately. I guess those who can't DO can PAY ha ha.

Back