Rocky (Micra SR) RR Session

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
I thought you guys might be interested in this, especially Antony to compare to his RR readout? Dan (the previous owner of Rocky) has just sent me the best RR session data and I've put it into graphical format for you to take a look. Rocky was run on a Dynapack system, with data being recorded for EVERY single rotation of the engine, pretty amazing (thanks Dan)!

Note that this graph shows Hub HP, not predicted/calculated HP at the fly, however it must be nearing 95bhp taking into account losses?

Anyway, here you go....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a260/retepetsir/rockyrr3.jpg image too big

:)

I believe he did do a stock run, but he hasnt sent me that data. I think he ran it with lots of different setups, including nitrous, and this was the final/best run without the nitrous injection.

Spec is 2" powerflow cat-back exhaust, decat pipe, janspeed manifold, ITG custom induction setup, and an Apexi S-AFC on custom map for best power output.

I'll see if I can get the other data emailed to me :)

thats only 0.5bhp more than mine did at JAE..... and mine wasnt running at its best.
lord knows what it is now..... probs a good 90bhp at the hubs. about 110bhp at the flywheel.

thats a good graph

and i need mine re-mapping, (ed get off your hols you part timer..lol)

thats only 0.5bhp more than mine did at JAE..... and mine wasnt running at its best.
lord knows what it is now..... probs a good 90bhp at the hubs. about 110bhp at the flywheel.

thats a good graph

and i need mine re-mapping, (ed get off your hols you part timer..lol)

I think you mean 1.5bhp ;)

Was yours measured on a dynapack too?

What else are you running to achieve the extra ~15bhp?

Your torque curve was a bit weird....

This might interest some of you..... ;)

"You will notice positive MAP at a few points of the power run - noteably at low revs, thats the result of my intake length ;) Calculated to boost bottom end performance, Rocky uses both the second and forth harmonic in that tube to give it bottom end performance (Google : Ram tuning theory)... Hence I laugh at people putting filters on top of the micra throttle body, it just looses power mostly everywhere.."

Doh, maths wasnt my strong point..

my intake is quite long actualy....

mods where

HKS mushroom filter with 30cm long aluminium tube and 2 90deg samco hose joiners (70mm)

Janspeed 421 manifold

knakered cat (basicaly an empty shell)

stainless "raceworx" rear exhaust with piper back box

and thats it. for 75.5bhp at the hubs and running very very lean too...

yeah was a chassis dynamics by Thor racing

Current setup is as above plus

Raceworx head (ported and polished, plus matched to manifolds)

inlet manifold de-burred from inside and ports opened up,

Avanti Rally cams (unknown duration and lift)

advanced ignition timing from 15deg to 18deg BTDC

have the lambda sensor unplugged to increase fueling temporaraly.

needs a remap, badly

should see about 110bhp... ish

Back