what did you do to your micra today ?

WDIDT Bought another rattle can !!!!! thought I would touch in few patches, Nah, sprayed over all the chrome bits, front grill, handles, locks, mirrors and so on........looking good, Mmmmmmm - maybe ? I must remember to get some masking tape before I go spraying, got a bit of over spray on the back window, side windows, number plates and so on - I like spraying.:) My fitter laughed his socks of when he saw my girl, she's more of a battleship grey now than metallic gunmetal
I must be the antithesis of you boys and girls, anything will do, and does. Never had so much fun with a motor.

WDIDT Bought another rattle can !!!!! thought I would touch in few patches, Nah, sprayed over all the chrome bits, front grill, handles, locks, mirrors and so on........looking good, Mmmmmmm - maybe ? I must remember to get some masking tape before I go spraying, got a bit of over spray on the back window, side windows, number plates and so on - I like spraying.:) My fitter laughed his socks of when he saw my girl, she's more of a battleship grey now than metallic gunmetal
I must be the antithesis of you boys and girls, anything will do, and does. Never had so much fun with a motor.

Pictures next time someone techy is around? ;)

Worked on the new dizzy, sealing it up and getting it ready to fit to the new engine.
BSXP2d7IUAAoAHg.jpg:large

Also the above in the work workshop :) Prepped the new ported / polished inlet mani for the new engine. Fitted new allen bolts replacing all the screws which tend to stick and need a pair of mole-grips to remove. Will help if needing to swap an injector on an event.

Also gave it clean and found one of the injector connectors has a bit missing would be fine on a road car, but will mean the rubber seal won't work properly. So will swap with one from the current engine. All electrical connectors need to seal 100% as the engine is likely to get a good soaking / covering of water on some winter events!

Tomorrow is getting everything off the engine / gearbox ready to do the engine swop next weekend hoepfully.

Also gave it clean and found one of the injector connectors has a bit missing would be fine on a road car, but will mean the rubber seal won't work properly. So will swap with one from the current engine. All electrical connectors need to seal 100% as the engine is likely to get a good soaking / covering of water on some winter events!
Nice to find things before a rally not during
Water only in winter eh. Some of the fords on event can give the entire car a good soaking.
Glad its progressing

Did the first valet, seats were minging, they now have a pattern!
Replaced a load of bulbs, fixed half of my head light issue, found the window winder only turn window stays still!
Fitted an old Radio as the flash CD it came with wont work!

WDID...last couple of days...

well...yesterday I had my group interview...at 11am...till almost 1pm
so I drove her down...parked her up...and went on in.
...wasn't overly enthused by my fellow interviewees, all but one, besides myself, seemed....bored to be honest <_<
...granted these sort of things are cheesy, but that's kinda the idea...so they can see what kind of person you are, if you'll come outta your shell, suit the companies needs etc...

when I got home...I got changed out of my smart stuff into my dirty jeans and t-shirt (for diggin' in the garden)
went to Wickes 2:30pm...to buy 2 lots of 5 planks of wood, one bag of cement and two bags of ballast...
had to fold down the front passenger seat (roll it back as far as it would go) and fold the big half of the rear split fold down...dad sat in the single rear seat...was....an interesting drive home

5:45pm phone rings...
"Hi Jennifer...I'd like to invite you in for a 1 to 1 interview....tommorow"

ummm yes please!!!!! ^_^

well chuffed, spent another hour in the garden digging a hole for a concrete fence post :p

Today

7:45am Drove to the carboot sale that my dad and I have been boycotting for the last month (they raised the buyers entry fee from 50p to £1! o_O)
ended up coming straight home as it was cancelled...YES!!! :p... bunch of pansies can't handle a bit of rain :D

10:45 took some stuff down to the charity shop in town...mum came howm with a sexy vase *facepalm* and she thinks me and dad are bad.

11:45 popped down to the RSPCA to drop off/donate an old cat/dog bed and a big blanket
...then went around the kennels and catteries...if our Bella wasn't such a cow we'd have brought home at least another 3 cats LOL

12:20 Helped dad carry one of the massive concrete posts (we bought them last week) down to where he could them a bit (the exsisting ones are 2m long (1.4 sticking out of the ground) the new ones are 2.4m long...and we didin't want to dig another 40cm to line them up LOL

at just after 1pm I drove to my Interview...got there...30 minutes early :p
the manager who was interviewing me was able to start early...which was nice...
his name's Gavin, was mildly disapointed he's nothing like Gavin in trollied :cool:
Had to lend him my pen, which technically is really bad, made us giggle
....and after about 20 minutes he told me that the induction was next saturday and I'll be starting proper on monday week o_O
then did 20 minutes "have a go" on the department I'll be working...bit scared, lots of machines...but not an oven or toaster in sight :p ...there is a sink though LOL

so.....I have JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! yay...

and My Micra was, as ever, awesome....although...she really needs a bath now

Edit:....by the way...in the group interview they laughed at me for loving my Micra.....bet they ain't laughing now eh?

Thanks everyone...I think you lot helped me through the last few months :oops:
could have had a very different time of it, if you know what I mean :(

*Hugs and Hi5's for all*

WDIDT?...

dickhe...my Brother was using the Almera for work today, so We used my baby for the Car boot sales run.
I took my awesome scull covered brolly...got a couple of offers for it...when it started raining too LOL

about 3 rows in (of 8) I spotted a pair of wing/door mirrors...and thought..hmmm...they look oddly familiar...
"How much for your mirrors mate?..."
..." I'm after £15 luv"
Wandered around, then came back to them at the end...still there, bloke was looking sorry for himself in the rain...offered him a tenner I'm now the owner of a pair of Clio door mirros in Mettalic Black...the unit is (as I've read on here before) identical to my K12's :D
it's just the mounting/backing that is different ;)

bit of a bargain the cheapest I've found so far on ebay was starting at £6 for 1...plus postage...for the manual ones...mine are Electric :p

So, gonna tell us about the job Jen? ;)

Well...basically...I'm gonna be back in Asda green from next Monday ^_^
Always loved working for Asda...it only became a chore when Compass group took over the catering units <_<
I think I shocked my new manager with some of the thing that happened under compass' "expert" management though :rolleyes:

I;ll be working in the photo centre, Music and video plus other areas of "General Merchandise" (non-food)
...lots to learn but I really can't wait...already getting along with my new colleagues, that I've met so far ^_^

the only bad bit is, I kinda wish I'd got the call a couple of weeks ago...as I'll not get my discount card in time for double discount day this year LOL

Well...basically...I'm gonna be back in Asda green from next Monday ^_^
Always loved working for Asda...it only became a chore when Compass group took over the catering units <_<
I think I shocked my new manager with some of the thing that happened under compass' "expert" management though :rolleyes:

I;ll be working in the photo centre, Music and video plus other areas of "General Merchandise" (non-food)
...lots to learn but I really can't wait...already getting along with my new colleagues, that I've met so far ^_^

the only bad bit is, I kinda wish I'd got the call a couple of weeks ago...as I'll not get my discount card in time for double discount day this year LOL
Coming to Bristol today ?

Think he should of gone to hospital... that fireball did do some damage!!!
Poor joe:(
Well if your going blind dibs on coilovers ;) @Joek11
You don't want them anyway Haha I'll be buying a new set up when I get some money in, these ones are a bit tired...
Also ade... Why not just put your old engine back in the facelift?

Also ade... Why not just put your old engine back in the facelift?
I had no time for another engine swap Joe, what with now doing 2 jobs. Plus I was that pissed off I didn't even want to see another micra :rolleyes: Hmmmm........that didnt last long :p
My nephew Josh (ox11ey on here) needed to sell his car, I needed transport so................... :D

Bristol?? what's happening in Bristol? :oops:

This is beautiful Ade ;)

Amazing what you miss when you go away for a while...does this prove that cornwall trueley is the back of beyond? :p
Yes it is, no signal, no internet, iffy tv signal and my car objected so much it broke and I had to take the spare! Yes Jen, cornwall is definitely beyond the back of beyond. Around the area marked "here be monsters"

And well ade, the facelift is gone then?

There's a meet going on at Cribbs Causeway. I'm getting there for 6

I just looked it up...would take me over 2 hours to get there.... :( ...I'm already knackered today and it's only 3PM LOL
maybe next time?...if only I'd seen earlier :rolleyes:
...I demand kindly request pictures be provided, to us lot, by those who are attending :p

Yes it is, no signal, no internet, iffy tv signal and my car objected so much it broke and I had to take the spare! Yes Jen, cornwall is definitely beyond the back of beyond. Around the area marked "here be monsters"
...an' combiyne 'arvesterrrrrs :p
me and dad went all the way out to a field in Launceston to pick up his Rickman Ranger...that was a bit... weird o_O

ETA: and he's from Dorset...my dad

That's a shame, I liked that car. I've got 2 spare engines too! Oh well... Got mine to fix nevermind everyone elses!

I quite liked it too but hey ho, needed transport quickly and also needed to get it out of the works car park. Only there a week and I was cluttering the car park with a scrap car and stripping it there too!! :p

Back