what did you do to your micra today ?

Took of arch liner and sanded then painted most of the arch with thick black hammerite :)

'scuse the crap photo
IMG_2013081919958_zpsafba323c.jpg

How easy was the swap? Ill be doing it soon :)

Heated up the bolts holding it to the mani, came off easy, unhooked it all, then bolted it on, exhaust gummed the joints ( needs a bit of persuading to go on fully bent it out just a touch so it slipped over then some persuasion with a rubber mallet :D) then just 50mm clamp it at 2 points and hook the rest up :)

I've been running those for a while now, have been fine, wonder how long they'll last? I'll guess I might change them when I realize I have no breaking all of a sudden....;)
You've said it now :p
Now you're conscious of the fact... it will happen... sorry :(:p
Tis why we keep a cable handbrake ;) I've done a 4.something mile stage with only half a braking system (frl/rrr.. great on left handers not for much else) and a handbrake because of a sliced rubber pipe caused by tree bits... because it was still in the pipe -_-
Didn't have any braided kicking about at service time :(

You've said it now :p
Now you're conscious of the fact... it will happen... sorry :(:p
Tis why we keep a cable handbrake ;) I've done a 4.something mile stage with only half a braking system (frl/rrr.. great on left handers not for much else) and a handbrake because of a sliced rubber pipe caused by tree bits... because it was still in the pipe -_-
Didn't have any braided kicking about at service time :(

I've already had to endure my navigator making me practice 'handbrake' stops.... I guess he didn't want me to plough straight on into something ;)

@Huggy444 its brilliant aint it. Especially when they're behind pace and say 2R over crest into severe 5R
So you go over the crest, hang left to pull right

Then get "$#@! I mean severe 5L"...
Well its all trees I dunno
Panic button pulled :D

...Took 7 bags of "stuff" (junk) down to the charity shops, that we never go to...I think I may have not locked my baby at one point :O
not sure though...freaked myself out unlocking it twce and not hearing the click or something LOL

...got home...and got a call...about a Job *fingers crossed* ^_^
...I have a group interview on Friday...last time I had a group interview it went rather well and I got a second individual one...
which I thought went rather well too...Only...I didn't get that job,
However...I found out recently, the guy I would have replaced ....never bloody left <_<

@Huggy444 its brilliant aint it. Especially when they're behind pace and say 2R over crest into severe 5R
So you go over the crest, hang left to pull right

Then get "$#@! I mean severe 5L"...
Well its all trees I dunno
Panic button pulled :D

God my Navi is always getting confused bless the old man... I have to shout descriptions at him so he can find where we are again -___-
Got told it was a left entry chicane....T'was a Square right! But the slidey lever helped out ;)

God my Navi is always getting confused bless the old man... I have to shout descriptions at him so he can find where we are again -___-
Got told it was a left entry chicane....T'was a Square right! But the slidey lever helped out ;)
Best. Name. Ever.
I'm never calling it the hand brake ever again

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Ah so your nav is completely different to mine too... that'd be me screwed :p your square right is my 3 Right
The slidey lever ;) nice name for it that
I've got panic lever and slidey lever.... I'm going to label em tomorrow :D

I fear we must take this to a pm :p rather than spamming it up :D

Broke it again, warped front right brake disc. Must have got too hot from the 'driving within the speed limit in a non competitive manner' that I did with my mate at lunch time...
Your a tool..

I say that with a plain monotone voice and very disappointed look on my face

Ah so your nav is completely different to mine too... that'd be me screwed :p your square right is my 3 Right
The slidey lever ;) nice name for it that
I've got panic lever and slidey lever.... I'm going to label em tomorrow :D

I fear we must take this to a pm :p rather than spamming it up :D

Other names for the handbrake.....

Panic lever
Photo lever
Bar

Or as i sometime get told by my navs, the 'stop showing off/fannying around/it'll end badly lever'

WDIDT Spoke to another MOT tester today regarding this bleddy airbag light failure on my MOT.
He tells me that all I have to do is take the bulb out and it becomes an advisory, not a failure, so that's that for me, going to speak to my fitter tomorrow and get him to remove it and retest.
Getting a bit fed up with the MOT station I use and the continual failures I get, I'm going to report them to VOSA and see what happens. I think their making good bucks on the old retest game, even my fitter says the tester is a bit of a bar steward - we'll see.

WDIDT Spoke to another MOT tester today regarding this bleddy airbag light failure on my MOT.
He tells me that all I have to do is take the bulb out and it becomes an advisory, not a failure, so that's that for me, going to speak to my fitter tomorrow and get him to remove it and retest.
Getting a bit fed up with the MOT station I use and the continual failures I get, I'm going to report them to VOSA and see what happens. I think their making good bucks on the old retest game, even my fitter says the tester is a bit of a bar steward - we'll see.

told you ages ago to put some electrical tape over the light :p

What do you mean your fitter? Where I work fitters do mechanical jobs and electricians deal with lightbulbs and the such...

@Mcmicra, are you saying .......just put the tape over the light from the outside ??? not on the inside. Cheers.

When I sent mine it I was just over the plastic cover.

pretty sure its a common thing to do and mines passed couldn't say 100%.

Thinks theres a rule that means the tester isn't allowed to remove the tape? so if they cant see it its fine or something like that haha

When I sent mine it I was just over the plastic cover.

pretty sure its a common thing to do and mines passed couldn't say 100%.

Thinks theres a rule that means the tester isn't allowed to remove the tape? so if they cant see it its fine or something like that haha
They can remove or adjust anything same with rusty sills if your tight just fire on some side skirts :p mot pass

Back