• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
love the new shaun loyd system sound raw
and is it now hanging by the rubber hangers now?
dont you get much sleep?

I'll answer them individually...
lol can't wait for the real thing.
basically it's resting on the backbox pipe.
and no, will be off to bed shortly but i am gonna go play with some dials first and see if i can get something working. :blush:
got work at 5am!!! :down: but money for xmas and exhaust/springs/everything else = (Y)

Let there be light (again)

Finally sorted out a light for the clock seeing as i didn't put a green led in there in the first place!

ClockFinally.jpg

ClockFinally2.jpg

Yay! also might have to order that peter lloyd system tomorrow as that exhuast is annoying... everyone.
but i love the sound not the rattle! :laugh:

hey Shaun you know what my car sounds like now:p. I go round with a straight pipe on that misses out the backbox, Lovely sound isnt it?

hey Shaun you know what my car sounds like now:p. I go round with a straight pipe on that misses out the backbox, Lovely sound isnt it?
It is awesome apart from the rattling but will tie it up later.
suprising though as when the pipe on the K10 snapped it was unbearably loud like a spitfire plane where as this is near enough the same with a bit of rally when you release the throttle :p

Update:
Ordered that 'lloyd system and yet to turn up (weather) but that's ok as the rattling is the least of my problems out there lol
Got some nice white tints too... lol
MicraSnow3.jpg

MicraSnow6.jpg

MicraSnow5.jpg

MicraSnow2.jpg

MicraSnow.jpg

That surely is its best feature, it looks the nuts
:grinning:
I love it wish the shape would stay and the snow could *£*$ off.

I was about to say it looks like a Nissan CUBE :laugh:
Argh! Really can't stand those cars. I see what you mean though exactly the same shape lol

like them pics!!
it looks like the micra bonking stikers
lol Yeah, Should of written micra in the snow next to it for effect.

Update:
Took a trip over to Mark's house today, picked up my LHD rear light for some symmetry and a go in his car and wow. I am gonna be cutting my springs soon i think,
Very nice and firm but definately not uncomfortable. Completely sold me on the idea of cutting now so we shall see how that goes and fingers crossed will have my new rear light sorted out soon too!

P.S Mark took some embarassing footage of me having trouble reversing his car and stalling lol
When i see you next Mark you can have a go in my boat and you can compare! (Y)

Thanks for looking!

Well Well Well...

Look what turned up just now on a Sunday morning!
ExhaustTime.jpg

After a lot of fighting with the packaging:
ExhaustTime2.jpg

Well now, that gives me something to do today as well as my rear light (Y)
Just need gaskets and possibly some bolts :(

Didnt noticed on those melted parts, i have another light, but has a crack, and the ones installed on the SR are even worst...

Didnt noticed on those melted parts, i have another light, but has a crack, and the ones installed on the SR are even worst...
Not to worry baguete the light is fine i tested it and all the bulbs work fine. I just don't understand how it melted the plastic.
i will try the method of heating it up and pushing it back to normal from the inside otherise i won't bother. the reverse light section works with the fog light wiring no problem so just need to find a replacement red bulb.

As soon as it's done i will post it up on here.
Thankyou again!

Well Well Well...

Look what turned up just now on a Sunday morning!

Well now, that gives me something to do today as well as my rear light (Y)
Just need gaskets and possibly some bolts :(

the head/mani gaskets often survive shaun, if not i always use paste instead tbh :grinning:

haha took me almost an hour to fight through that packing but your's looks worse than mine, bet you had fun

hey wait i just noticed you jammy sod mine didn't come in a plastic bag grr grr
Errr.... Sorry? lol it has a few scrathes down it in places (expected) and one of the ends resembles more of a square than a circle, but should be fine.

yeah it should be good although you may need to trim the metal down a little to stop it knocking and hopefully it'll be as snug a fit as mine was so no horrible looking exhaust paste

yeah it should be good although you may need to trim the metal down a little to stop it knocking and hopefully it'll be as snug a fit as mine was so no horrible looking exhaust paste

Yeah no exhaust paste needed as it's clamps :) you remember what size you needed so i can pop to halfords and get some without having to use a tape measure (lazy)

Would i have to trim it Frank/Karl? and maybes for a size is just not good enough :p
looks like i am gonna have to move off of the damn chair lol

:laugh: i don't think i've never known him to be wrong. Well fingers crossed for clamps today then it can go on!

shaun i'd say yes but test fit it first... i should of realized that it'd need trimming when we fought with it to get it on

shaun i'd say yes but test fit it first... i should of realized that it'd need trimming when we fought with it to get it on
Well my exhaust has snapped so that will make the back box area much easier to take off.
Just need to fight with it getting it on.
At least i already have no heat shields!!

Would i have to trim it Frank/Karl? and maybes for a size is just not good enough :p
looks like i am gonna have to move off of the damn chair lol

it was only 25mm off the backend of the midpipe shaun, but i would try yours up first, maybe there was something snagging karls downpipe to midpipe joint and it had,nt gone fully in ?

it was only 25mm off the backend of the midpipe shaun, but i would try yours up first, maybe there was something snagging karls downpipe to midpipe joint and it had,nt gone fully in ?

True. Well i will test fit everything and then once i'm finished with that 'Frankspeed' mani i'll get that on too!

True. Well i will test fit everything and then once i'm finished with that 'Frankspeed' mani i'll get that on too!

personally, i would hacksaw the downpipe then take the easy headnuts off and lift the whole mani/cat/offcut out shaun (then you can get to, and lube the rusted cat bolts and nuts)
then the rest should be straight forward :grinning:

personally, i would hacksaw the downpipe then take the easy headnuts off and lift the whole mani/cat/offcut out shaun (then you can get to, and lube the rusted cat bolts and nuts)
then the rest should be straight forward :grinning:
Good thinking batman i took the downpipe off recently though when we changed the oil sump. So it shouldn't be too difficult, only time will tell :D

once my mum gets back with my jubilee clips i'll get a vid of how it sounds now with my frankenspeed mani

she's already in town and my cars going nowhere in a hurry at the mo... need to put throttle body on :grinning:

Good thinking batman i took the downpipe off recently though when we changed the oil sump. So it shouldn't be too difficult, only time will tell :D

ahh, no probs then :grinning: the 2nd cat nuts usually rust up the worse than any other, but just cut one of the pipes and bin it eh

ahh, no probs then :grinning: the 2nd cat nuts usually rust up the worse than any other, but just cut one of the pipes and bin it eh
Well my exhaust snapped after the cat before the backbox. So also should be able to take it all off in one go after i undo the downpipe :p

Well my exhaust snapped after the cat before the backbox. So also should be able to take it all off in one go after i undo the downpipe :p

just the front a/r/b that hinders you eh shaun (one of the reasons mine has none)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back