Drift Tied The Split In Front Bumper
Team Heko Wind Deflectors
Front Splitter
Blackened Headlights

Gadgets & Gizmos
JVC Headunit, USB, CD-RW, Aux
Carrozzeria 17cm Front Speakers/Crossover/Tweeters

Plans:

• [strike]Lower it enough but be practical.[/strike] Just needs a touch more.
  • [strike]Sort out stereo/speakers (gets very quiet at night)[/strike]
  • Wings are badly repaired/painted so need to sort them out.
  • [strike]Bonnet has obvious signs of overspray from laquer from the wing repair! (perhaps t-cut etc. for this)[/strike]
  • Broken headlight fixing needs to be repaired replaced.
  • [strike]Sort out grubby interior.[/strike] Clean just a little ugly now.
  • Repair/Repaint bumpers previous owners must of thought it was a dodgems car (scuff marks)
  • [strike]Figure out a way to get original nissan alarm/immobiliser working inc. LED inside.[/strike] (to be binned)
  • [strike]Sort out speedo lights (think one has blown - no good for speed cameras at night)[/strike]
  • [strike]Change some interior pieces make it look pretty![/strike] Halfway there!
  • [strike]Sort out wing mirrors, as they are odd. (Painted)[/strike]
  • [strike]Usual service etc.[/strike]
  • [strike]Remove Side Bump Strips.[/strike]
  • [strike]Remove Rear Wiper - Blanking Plug for now.[/strike] (need to sort out some smoothing)
  • [strike]DEBADGE IT![/strike] [strike](only the nissan badges remain - for now)[/strike]
  • [strike]Sort out car audio system.[/strike] Just sub left to add.

Here you go Shaun. My car with Shaun's super s
20100725_001.jpg

20100725_002.jpg

20100725_005.jpg

thanks

wow mate didnt know you were serious when you hinted this a while back
k10 super s
k11 super s
and it looks very straight!

thas what the other guysaidbout the culla on his:laugh:
other guy?! lol didn't even think i would be in this situation with a K11 in the first place. but that 40cc and fuel injection makes a hell of a difference! (Y)

oh and on another note i may have to spend £16 on an iso adaptor as i can't live without music in the car and eBay takes ages! :(

When I had my stereo I just cut the connector block off and used a terminal block, just so I knew which cable did what really. Welldone on getting yourself a Super S though.

When I had my stereo I just cut the connector block off and used a terminal block, just so I knew which cable did what really. Welldone on getting yourself a Super S though.

Thankyou! Mckenziecz picked me up an adaptor for a tenner and works a treat so am happy!

Update: (no.1 of many!)

Debadged of course :p
Before:
K11.jpg

After:
K112.jpg

And yes there is a dent :( one of many little ones!

Actually i don't i just really needed something to drive around while i take my time with the K10, why do you want it? lol

Well looking at the list of planned mods you're obviously gonna be spending on this k11, so you're gonna be putting money into two cars. There's a name for people like you... lucky ####ers.

Well looking at the list of planned mods you're obviously gonna be spending on this k11, so you're gonna be putting money into two cars. There's a name for people like you... lucky ####ers.
Noooooo! if you noticed it's mainly repair/replace jobs nothing really expensive! just needed something to run around in :blush:

aye that wiper across like that, saved me when a scaffold bar hit my rear glass and the wiper got the hit instead of the glass

Update: First Mechanical Problem.
Gearstick/ Gear selector?
seems you have to manually pull it all over the place, when in neutral sitting still if you move your gear stick towards 1st and release should bounce back to middle?
same happens if you push it over towards 5th.
mine just sits there stuck, also seems to be some sounds when selecting gears sometimes like a spring or an obstruction?
Any ideas from people that have played around this area before?
Do NOT want a garage monkey touching it. :p

Shaun

That happened to my K11, stick flopped to one side. It's a spring underneath the car that holds the gear stick in the upright position.

That happened to my K11, stick flopped to one side. It's a spring underneath the car that holds the gear stick in the upright position.

Ah ok but see mine doesn't flop (lol)
it needs to be manually moved everywhere!
but will check this now thankyou! (Y)

Update:
Overspray on the bonnet has been removed thanks to Mckenziecz (again) which means i can cross this off my list! :blush:
Clean.jpg

(little blurry sorry but shiny!)
Clean2.jpg

Shiny side!
Clean3.jpg

More soon...:grinning:

this guy has won the lotory or something with all that cash
do you hate badgers?.......you keep de-badging i always think you have been country laning it and have to scrape of the badgers after:laugh:

this guy has won the lotory or something with all that cash
do you hate badgers?.......you keep de-badging i always think you have been country laning it and have to scrape of the badgers after:laugh:
No lottery win :D just needed another car for time being and i hate running around in a shabby vehicle! and yeah loads of country runs no badgers... :laugh:

Update 1 of 2 today!
Painted Rear Speaker Grills
Before:
Paint3.jpg

During:
Paint4.jpg

Paint5.jpg

After:
Paint6.jpg

Boot Closed:
Paint.jpg

Thanks for looking will update again later with yet another improvement! :wasntme:

Sorted the car out with some new bulbs as one of them had blown and was annoying me at night!

Daytime:
Led.jpg

Night time:
Led2.jpg

Thankyou for looking. :blush:

seems you have to manually pull it all over the place, when in neutral sitting still if you move your gear stick towards 1st and release should bounce back to middle?
mine just sits there stuck, also seems to be some sounds when selecting gears sometimes like a spring or an obstruction?

Shaun

Nice looking K11 dude, the colours cracking! Found this thread using the search as I have exactly the same problem as quoted above! So it's nice to know i'm not the only one lol! Also big thanks to R-Reg-SR who responded as it means you've also helped me out :D Good work guys :D

Shaun

sounds most likey to be dried/seized gear selector linkages coupled with usual snapped return spring. take apart the selector link bushes for a good clean/regrease. rehook return spring if snapped. if there's any play in the bushes, i'd replace with a good condition linkage cos worn bushes cause difficulty in selecting 1st/2nd gear and gearstick rattle

if there's any play in the bushes, i'd replace with a good condition linkage cos worn bushes cause difficulty in selecting 1st/2nd gear and gearstick rattle
Oh dear... i hear the rattle sometimes! :down:

Engine Bay Q&A

Right went out and took some photos, Led for immobiliser on inside center console doesn't even twitch probably because the alarm etc had been cut. CV boot Mckenziecz is gonna help with. :blush:
Overview:
K11Bay4.jpg

Leak from rocker cover? or inspection cover?
K11Bay3.jpg

Two connections that go nowhere:
K11Bay2.jpg

Alarm/immobiliser (not connected - someone had cut it!)
K11Bay7.jpg

Power for alarm:
K11Bay.jpg

Shabby headlight fix:
K11Bay6.jpg

Fried and re-wired fuses (how could i tell which is which?)
K11Bay10.jpg

CV boot gone:
K11Bay9.jpg

K11Bay8.jpg

And finally a good bit:
K11Bay5.jpg

Holts Tyre Weld/Spray Thing! Just in case a nail is unfriendly. Thanks for looking.

those fuses shaun are, top down
injectors
alternator
r/h headlamp
l/h headlamp
and that one connector is the power steering switch aint it

those fuses shaun are, top down
injectors
alternator
r/h headlamp
l/h headlamp
and that one connector is the power steering switch aint it

Ah thanks Frank, that would make sense as i don't have it :grinning: so i can leave that be. do you think it would be worth trying to rebuild that fuse block section? it just looks nasty.

Ah thanks Frank, that would make sense as i don't have it :grinning: so i can leave that be. do you think it would be worth trying to rebuild that fuse block section? it just looks nasty.

someone,s done a proper job there shaun :cool:, i would leave it personally

someone,s done a proper job there shaun :cool:, i would leave it personally

Ok, do you have any thoughts on the non blinking Led in the car? does it's power come straight from the alarm unit in the bay?

Okay still need some help with the alarm and internal led does anyone think Nissan would be cheap enough for this? lol
Also took bump strips off yesterday and found nothing works when removing the residue so looks shabby :(
Here's a picture of it after a wash. Only the one as I'm on my iPhone as we don't have any Internet at the moment.
659d4348.jpg

its a retrofit alarm aint it shaun ? if its been disconnected just bin it :p

What do you mean by retrofit? it is Nissan just not connected. would still like an alarm in the future so maybe your right and as it's doing nothing right now might as well bin it :laugh:

Update:
Firstly got a Mushroom filter on now instead of the standard air box, will plan an actual cold air feed for it when i have finished some other bits, and got a new headunit in the car (Free upgrade from a friend) no pictures of these yet.

Secured a crack in the front bumper the previous owner(s) had left me:
Cabletie8.jpg

Got a couple of friends on the back of the car:
Cabletie5.jpg

Cabletie6.jpg

Removed side strips but am left with a misty clearcoat :(
Cabletie7.jpg

Removed all that bloody heatshielding! rusted as hell 2hrs for one spring!
Cabletie3.jpg

Cabletie2.jpg

As he stands now:
Cabletie4.jpg

Cabletie9.jpg

Got loads planned, but being a little hush right now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back