• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:
Fitted "New" sump from the scrappy (however we snapped a bolt on the inside of the block!)
Let the sealant settle overnight and this morning put the oil in and started first time, oil light went out etc. i put in 3.2 litres as i don't have a haynes to go on for this car.
Regarding the snapped bolt any ideas on how to get this out in the future as i think it will hold for now and it's caped in sealant so no real worry of it leaking.
Got loads of plans for the car just need money!

1 bolt aint gonna hurt shaun :grinning:
I know but it just makes me feel like i have done a half a**ed job
fingers crossed for no leaking. the amount of sealant we used would of kept the titanic afloat lol

Well took it around for a 20 odd mile drive today high revs, low revs, motorway town etc. and no leaks! (Y) Very happy for the £10 solution.

Ok Pictures of Sump Before and After and how the car is sitting now:
SAM_0201.jpg

Sump.jpg

Sump3.jpg

No Updates!
Bought some discs and pads and sorted out a stuck brake light.
Go me! :laugh:

Brakes fitted today:
Ugly Old Pads:
Brakes2.jpg

Old Disc:
Brakes3.jpg

New Disc:
Brakes.jpg

Sticker:
Brakes4.jpg

Overview:
Brakes5.jpg

Thanks For Looking!

thanks for tips Shaun

I am in the process of putting together a "wish list " of stuff to order from UK soon so i lke them and will add them :)

Right new plugs and HT leads today, Thankyou previous owner who copper slipped them (Y)
Runs even smoother now which is good!
Found a hole in one of the joins in the back section of the exhaust which means i'm gonna have to get a complete system now.... :wasntme:

Lol I know it's worth the money even if the back boxes hanging brackets are short (get a lot of vibration) mid range it has more poke :grinning:

That's good to know, hanging brackets can be lengthened though so no biggie :D

Boredom Strikes:

Boring:
Shelf.jpg

Shelf2.jpg

Black!:
Shelf3.jpg

Shelf4.jpg

Looks a little off because it's a little wet and had flash on, will have pics when it's back in the car this evening. (Y)

That's Better only half hour after blackening:

Half hour later and No flash.
Shelfnoflash.jpg

Shelfnoflash2.jpg

Yum...

While i'm at it, Anyone know the actual speaker size for these rear shelfs? i have 5½ inches (14cm) ?

In & Pictures Don't Do It Justice!

Shelfin.jpg

Shelfin2.jpg

Now need to find a pair of speakers for the fronts and the shelf then sub can go in (Y)

hey shaun

I was round Franks again today he was busy welding up my ex manifold for you. Looks good (Y)

arnie

[]

nice wee car.just joined this site maself.got a k11 challenge spec rally car.do a lot of rallying with it.

Small Update:

Got a 'Frankspeed' on the way :p
Still stuck on speaker choices etc.
Car is still sitting High as a kite! :down:

Sorting out some interior pieces at the moment so will upload some pictures soon!

I did and it is not a very common size :down:
so it will have to be a common size Shaun'd in... :p

I shoehorned 6x9's into my original parcel shelf grills - had to take a dremel to the internal bracket to make them fit, and obviously enlarge the holes in the shelf itself but they look factory still... if I ever get around to painting my shelf black i'll take some photos to show how it's done :p

Did you just use normal black paint on the shelf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back