• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Shaun's Super S (K11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting more tydeed up sweet
bit unfair on the old badgers,,,,,runin em over taking a snap shot pic and putin it in ya rear screen:laugh:

Picture of the filter:
SAM_0149.jpg

Can i get rid of the pipe cable-tied to it?

i dont really know, it may be something else. if it is just a breather pipe i will cut that right back :p

Started Painting Today:
Halfords Paint (with Crappy nozzle!)

Paint4-1.jpg

Everything Else:
Paint5-1.jpg

Paint3-1.jpg

Paint2-1.jpg

Paint-1.jpg

More when fitted

Picture of the filter:
SAM_0149.jpg

Can i get rid of the pipe cable-tied to it?

that's just a breath pipe for the temperature triggered valve of the carbon canisters vacuum line. just unplug it off the temperature triggered valve at the side of the block.

that's just a breath pipe for the temperature triggered valve of the carbon canisters vacuum line. just unplug it off the temperature triggered valve at the side of the block.

Isn't that gonna be an MOT failure? Its got something to do with the gases inside the crankcase.

marks out of 10 for the paint please and how much was it?. dont go to crazy with colour coding the interior. keep it up

marks out of 10 for the paint please and how much was it?. dont go to crazy with colour coding the interior. keep it up

lol don't worry about the interior i have a plan! :wasntme:

paint is a good match its just darker as i never sanded before laquer because its too fiddly and would end up damaging the paint.
so:
Halfords - £13.99
Absolutely Terrible Nozzle to use on there.
7/10

much appreciated mate, did they find the colour for you or did you have to give them the colour code

I gave them the colour code off of the VIN plate, but they do have a library so they might be able to find it. best bet is the code though.

and No worries

Isn't that gonna be an MOT failure? Its got something to do with the gases inside the crankcase.

SAM_0149..jpg

in removing pipe #1, no. its just a breather connection to ambient pressure. removing it doesn't affect the carbon canisters function.

now the PCV inlet breather pipe #2, i would put a filter on that cos during light load or when throttles closed, fresh air would be sucked into that port to collect crankcase vapours then go out the one-way PCV valve into the inlet manifold to be burnt. don't think the crankcase would like to suck in any possible dirt n debris any more than the inlet manifold.
under low vacuum high load driving the crankcase vapours would be forced out the PCV breather (especially if the engines worn with loadsa blowby), dunno what the mot guy may think of it.

in removing pipe #1, no. its just a breather connection to ambient pressure. removing it doesn't affect the carbon canisters function.

now the PCV inlet breather pipe #2, i would put a filter on that cos during light load or when throttles closed, fresh air would be sucked into that port to collect crankcase vapours then go out the one-way PCV valve into the inlet manifold to be burnt. don't think the crankcase would like to suck in any possible dirt n debris any more than the inlet manifold.
under low vacuum high load driving the crankcase vapours would be forced out the PCV breather (especially if the engines worn with loadsa blowby), dunno what the mot guy may think of it.

Thankyou! (Y)

top notch spray painting,youst to do graffiti didnt you:grinning:

Errr..... No :wasntme:

:laugh:puling your leg man
your colors got pearl in it.interior paint looking quality,did you prep with anything in perticuler to get the paint to stik?

:laugh:puling your leg man
your colors got pearl in it.interior paint looking quality,did you prep with anything in perticuler to get the paint to stik?

I know and as i said i *cough cough* never graffitti'd lol

Cleaned it with soapy water & a scouring pad.
Dried it and left it to air dry properly... (hairdryer)
Primered.
Hairdryer it again.
Then 3 coats, 1 every 15 mins.
Hairdryer.
Laquered it 3 times, 1 every 15 mins.
Hairdryer.
an hour later (touch dry) back in the car.
Should of sanded between paint and laquer but the centre console is quite fiddly so just laquered after as i didn't wanna mess up the actual colour.
Especially at £13.99 a can!

Had to be careful though as you can tell it's still soft.
but just been out and its not fallen off so it's all good :p

Put the aerosol in a pot of hot water for 5 mins before use,you'll find the paint flows much easier..or a hairdyer which is also useful to warm the area being painted..
I've used aerosols from our local automotive paint supplier for small jobs before & found them better to use than Halfords..probably cheaper too.I did the side of an Astra estate years ago which was passable but very thin & not cheap!

Put the aerosol in a pot of hot water for 5 mins before use,you'll find the paint flows much easier..or a hairdyer which is also useful to warm the area being painted..
I've used aerosols from our local automotive paint supplier for small jobs before & found them better to use than Halfords..probably cheaper too.I did the side of an Astra estate years ago which was passable but very thin & not cheap!

i left the can in the sun for a little... :p Shook it like a madman!
Definately need to source other paint suppliers though, Cannot stand the nozzle halfords put on their can!

thats what im thinking to much rub down and loose the dash texture which i realy like.and its made your paintjob look factory done

thats what im thinking to much rub down and loose the dash texture which i realy like.and its made your paintjob look factory done

Well i got loads left to do with the interior to get it the way i want it.
Need some nice Bucket seats like i had in the K10!

where has this badger destroyer gone!!(de-badger) i got some badgers round my way-so i need de-badgering also
bet he is on a long holiday in the HEAT-boy am i jealous

Colour coded my wing mirrors today, no picture unfortunately as i don't really have a camera right now.
colour is off a little too damn halfords, still looks better than one green one black :p

Mirrors:
Mirrors3.jpg

Mirrors2.jpg

How He Stands Now:
Mirrors.jpg

Mirrors5.jpg

Off colour slightly but need to loads of painting in the future so will match properly later in life :wasntme:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back