• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's / Shaun's SR

All back in the car:

SRcenterok3.jpg

SRcenterok2.jpg

SRcenterok1.jpg

Lost it's shine a little bit but will gleam when i get a little t-cut and wax to it in the future.

love the look of it !! Spent 7 hrs on a train journey 4 seperate connections and wait for it 9 hrs coming back from liverpool to surrey , was when all that snow dumped down on us last november car didnt miss a beat (Y) a real baptism of fire !!!!!!!!!!

Made a long list of stuff to do/find/fix/replace today....

• Rear to boot liner
  • Strip out interior and clean it all as it's pure filth
  • Replace blown bulbs
  • Cracked filler on boot needs redoing
  • Scratches down the side of the car
  • Severely rusted front slam panel
  • Sort out the headlights (naff bolts)
  • Get a coilover tool
  • Wheels still need to be done and need to get the correct studs/nuts for em
  • New wings need painting
  • Outside needs a decent wash
  • Timing chain needs looking at
  • Leak from gear selector area?
  • Service
And that's not even half of it!

Is it worth the work? Must have gone down hill after mck had it!
Every car requires work... this is actually rather small in comparison to the Super S, just got to wait till payday then some things will actually start happening! :laugh:

Cleaned the Darn thing over the weekend... Mind you i didn't use any water which is kind of bad but hey... the paint is knackered anyhow!

e00c167a.jpg

799d81bb.jpg

20106d4f.jpg

a661d905.jpg

As you may notice ALL the stickers are gone....
and i removed the bottom center console to reveal some historic monuments:

f26c7468.jpg

6d495f0d.jpg

90p per litre back in 2006

3059e86a.jpg

An Original Letter for the first owner after 6 months ownership back in 1996!!

70f79243.jpg

Oh and found 6 tapes in there aswell which Mckenziecz took for his retro stereo! celine dion was one of them! :laugh:

i found 12 tapes :p and one was a Nissan rant about how great the micra was or summit never really could stomach it all the way through :glare:

It Passed!!
No slots yet mark the car ate the last of my money for the damn MOT!
have you sent my purple knob off yet?

No Not yet shaun sorry, another big #######ing at work made my head spin for a few weeks, then ofsted last week. It's sitting on my desk to make though and you will get it sun (Y) PM me some more details about what you mentioned before and I'll see what I can do.

Gave the car a little Polish today:
Before:
CompoundBonnet1.jpg

Applying Compound:
CompoundBonnet2.jpg

Add a little water and rub it in very well:
CompoundBonnet3.jpg

Clean it all off:
CompoundBonnet4.jpg

Afterwards Start T-cut:
CompoundBonnet5.jpg

Allow to dry and polish it off (half way)
CompoundBonnet6.jpg

All Buffed up! (by hand mind)
CompoundBonnet7.jpg

Reflection Win!
CompoundBonnet8.jpg

Yay!
CompoundBonnet9.jpg

Inside at the moment (needs some love)
CompoundBonnet10.jpg

Also rubbing compounded the glass headlights and driving lights as it works wonders! t-cutted all the windows...

Looking good mate!! What you putting on after the t cut? Meguairs polish and carnuba wax is the best :)
Yeah i used Meguairs spray wax. comes up really well but oversprays everywhere so you have to keep going back after every panel! the boot needs some serious tlc as the paint looks completely odd lol

very nice
was thinking off the glass cutting bit,to get rid of all little damage
all is sweet apart from having two mens names for this blog. sound a bit homo maybe

very nice
was thinking off the glass cutting bit,to get rid of all little damage
all is sweet apart from having two mens names for this blog. sound a bit homo maybe
LOL well it was Mckenziecz's car now i am taking over from it so it's good to have it all in one place...

sweet :grinning:
love the glass cutting bit , gonna see if theirs a kit on ebay!
You don't need a kit mate... Just a microfibre cloth or something similiar and some t-cut... any colour will do.
apply t-cut.
let it dry.
buff it off.
good for people like myself with no rear wiper when it rains too!

Not Really done much to the car other than drive it hopefully get the alloys on it soon need some tyres and studs!!

Ahh, I was getting all excited then when I saw an update from you :(. Hope there'll be a big update soon :grinning:

Nothing Major,
Just letting you guys know the car is still alive and well lol
want to sort out a few things over the next week or two and see what happens.

Painted the slots today:
5d824517.jpg

eba2f310.jpg

62c1fc93.jpg

26796a18.jpg

22a9c414.jpg

64edc233.jpg

27128c52.jpg

Also painted my 3rd brake light black but got no piccys as it's not really anything of interest...

Don't really know what to do with the slots really, I kind of like them completely black but i think they deserve at least the lip polished...
We shall see.

I really like these alloys mate, they look sweet. Would definitely get a set if I was keeping my K11. Can't wait to see them fitted (Y) :grinning:

Right... After much deliberation and asking absolutely everyone... i am keeping them matt black. for now at least can always change my mind in the future.
Took some better pictures with an actual camera instead of this cruddy phone.

MattBlackMags2.jpg

MattBlackMags1.jpg

And a rough idea of what's to come...

MattBlackMags3.jpg

yeh mate look the bidgeness , no point puttin helter scelter type looking circus things on it, is it ?
:grinning:

Back