• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's / Shaun's SR

So here I am with my blog. Been on the forum for a while, but without micra :down: . All of that has changed now. I just won 1.3 SR on ebay for 682 pounds. Car looks mint on the pics, so I hope it actually is. You can click on the link and see the auction for a little while or czech the pics. I got loads of mods planed out already and even got some bits for the car. lol. I got HKS turbo manifold from Noddie and I picked up some stunning wheels from ebay, but they still need to be re-drilled.

ebay links gonna work for little while:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250657492043&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

pics of the car:
Picture5.png

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

wheels:
20100702_001.jpg

thanks for looking and keep an eye on updates!

got some goodies though the post today!
20100708_001.jpg

yaaaay, APEXI world series coilovers from Antoni's Micra
so if everything goes right my car should sit like this:
mike4.jpg

what bit,hieght you mean, from the bottom i think they just wind in (lower it) wind out (4 x4 ride height)

il send that cupholder tommorrow mate,cheers

4x4 it is then. lol. need to get panhard rod and then that little adjusting tool for coilovers. but mainly, i need that fricking car.

Bigg Update
I finally got her! 5h from Horley to Halifax by train and then about 5h back on the M1 :( was it worth it? sure it was!
She pulls lovely. Love the engine to bits. Me in the fast lane with all the beemers and audis. lol

Bad bids:
Seats weren't just killing my back they have actually killed them so buckets are priority!
Brakes are terrible. I had to literary stand on them to make the car stop even though its got discs all around.
Suspension is just rubbish, feels more like being on boat. Coilovers asap

Cheers

Ill put some pics up tomorrow

We've done the suspension today. It was a bit of a pain though. I just hate rusted bolts. It was sitting that low that it was scraping along the driveway so we adjusted it a bit higher, but its still not enough :( I fitted some 80's style yellow bulb caps as well as taking some stickers of. Big thanks comes to Shaun. Czech out the pics. enjoy.

Bubl caps
20100711_002.jpg

Car before
20100711_003.jpg

Car before2
20100711_004.jpg

After
20100711_006.jpg

After2
20100711_007.jpg

After3
20100711_008.jpg

After4
20100711_009.jpg

After5
20100711_010.jpg

thanks

Its incredible how 1 bit of kit can completely transform the stance of a car! Awesome stuff. Thanks for getting the weight for me too pal.

One more thing :D could you take a close up pic of the rear set-up, just want to get an idea of how there adjusted. Thanks.

win win win, that is actually sexual at that height, how big is your tail pipe?

Feeling rather partial to a piece of micra minge!!

ha ha just kidding, looks........ amazing at that height, roll on the wide wheels and flared arches!!

epic win!(Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

Need to get panhard rod, redrill the wheels, get some budged rubbers and flare the arches a little. Should be done by the end of the month.

Found bloke online who can redrill the wheels and change the bore size for micra for 70 quid. He does all kinda stuff like custom spacers, changing offsets for very fair prices. His mail is [email protected] and he is in Buntingford. I do not advertise, just think its very useful contact to have.

with them wheels people are gona be chasing you down the roa........motorway
your going to cause a riot
theyrll be a war in the streets
:laugh:

Get them wheels on, grow your hair, plat your pigtails and make like Snoop Dogg.

In all seriousness, those wheel are some proper 100% handcrafted, ghetto inspired WIN.

little progress:
side strips taken off, bonnet raised, boot striped and ready for filling. aerial taken off

boot before
20100711_005.jpg

boot after
20100717_002.jpg

bonnet raised
20100717_003.jpg

thx

Ooo, that looks good , can't wait to see it painted! How you gonna get the shopping in the boot though :p?

i don't do shopping :grinning: but you can still open the boot from inside the car then grab the bottom of the tailgate and lift it. all sorted :D

Awesome mate! How low can you go...you aint gotta worry about rusted sills, they'll be sanded if that car gets dropped any more!?! :p

you right it looks like an accident on pic but it doesnt in real. didnt give it name yet, but i feel some conection so its gotta be her. lol

little progress on the boot. check it

sanded
20100802_001.jpg

1st primer
20100802_002.jpg

2nd primer
20100802_003.jpg

Im finish with the primer, put JDM ninja style light back on and im done for today
20100802_004.jpg

cheers

with them wheels people are gona be chasing you down the roa........motorway
your going to cause a riot
theyrll be a war in the streets
:laugh:

hows it going with the wheel fitment adjustments==um going mad thinking how they will look

yeh dont wanna spoil it up by having the wrong settup-true
thanks for letting us know, still gonna look something special

Back