• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's / Shaun's SR

still more to go mate! but will all be done tomorrow as boss is back friday!

the old repairs fell out lol
Oops Well let me know when you can get it back to me if your avoiding Mr.Boss the sooner the better :p
bit nervous about colour matching now lol
Sure it'll be fine!

can only check it against the inside of the boot but it will be spot on as your colour has no other shades according to our computer! if its out then your car is wrong!

dont worry mate it will be close! if it were a door it would be a different story because it has panels around it but the boot can be slightly off to the rest or visa versa due to no panels directly beside it apart from bumper but then the light will be different on that so will look different again

more updated pics

flatted
1313670654176.jpg

masked and ready
1313670634545.jpg

nipples prepped
1313670665441.jpg

base coat
1313684443875.jpg

1313684456860.jpg

seconds after 1st coat of laqure
1313685467103.jpg

i now have over spray on my phone!

(Y) lookin good shaun :grinning:
165/70's :( that's all they had... 3 uniroyal rain experts and a unbranded thing...
rubs on the back when you slam off of a bump too quickly and ever so slightly rubs on cambered corners... No biggie either lower tyres or arch rolling will save this (Y)
Hopefully i'll get better pictures tomorrow...

Car's looking fantastic Shaun, have you put some sort of filter on the pic's? They have a sort of cool hazy effect like a Photoshop filter :).

Ta, Ta and Ta...
Err.. no filter on pictures just cheapy old iPhone pictures from my phone...
went to the RR meeting today and i never want to go on a motorway again! - Boring!

But was good to everyone that did turn up!!

Pictures:

RetroRides20111.jpg

RetroRides20112.jpg

RetroRides20113.jpg

RetroRides20114.jpg

RetroRides20115.jpg

RetroRides20116.jpg

RetroRides20117.jpg

RetroRides20118.jpg

RetroRides20119.jpg

RetroRides201110.jpg

RetroRides201111.jpg

RetroRides201112.jpg

RetroRides201113.jpg

RetroRides201114.jpg

RetroRides201115.jpg

RetroRides201116.jpg

RetroRides201117.jpg

RetroRides201118.jpg

RetroRides201119.jpg

RetroRides201120.jpg

RetroRides201121.jpg

RetroRides201122.jpg

RetroRides201123.jpg

RetroRides201124.jpg

RetroRides201125.jpg

As long as you're not selling up, then it's all good (Y). Hope it's nothing too serious...
i have sold 2 micras in my past and am still with it... not planning on going anywhere yet. just a few things may have to change with the car. :(

i have sold 2 micras in my past and am still with it... not planning on going anywhere yet. just a few things may have to change with the car. :(

Good point (Y). And I saw the avatar change as well. I'm sure that whatever you choose to do with the SR, it'll be right for you (Y). Keep us updated :grinning:

Got that bored today i made a video of the progress of the SR...
Really hope payday comes round quick lol
Watch In HD!

[video=youtube;f6kWY2tGoyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6kWY2tGoyI[/video]

Just Voltage checked the battery in releation to my odd starting situation and the battery reads 12.5v
so i could probably rule that out, gonna test it whilst running in a bit, noticed there is melted black plastic squeezing out of the alternators negative lead....
i take it this is not a good sign?
:down:

Will get a picture this evening if i can...

Car seems to start everytime now... possibly it was just a bit upset it was sat for so long...
Oil change was done over the weekend.

Noticed my boot has been punted or shunted or nudged with something as there is now a little crease on it...
Paint wasn't even a month old! grr

Hope to bring you guys some Raunchy updates soon!

LHS of the boot handle? Half moon shaped almost?
I don't have a boot handle any more? lol

My car is like this at the moment Before dent:
RetroRides201124.jpg

Haven't got a picture of the after dent lol it is only tiny but it bugs me.
not even any damage to the bumper so it must of been something odd. ie. not a car.

Loosing a bit of passion in this car at the moment. :down:

Back