Clutch noises

Hi all.
Recently noticed a fairly loud constant squeaking noise whenever the clutch pedal is depressed and any gear selected, it sounds quite high pitched and as if something is squeaking against the clutch which is not normal. Car has only done 29k miles so not sure if it is the clutch but have read that it might be the clutch cable becoming slack but I am aware that it does sound like the clutch bearing could be on its way out. Anyone had any similar problems or know any solutions to my problem?
Thanks in advance

Not had a problem like that myself. Try and pin down where it's coming from and go from there, maybe have someone press the pedal and move your ear around the engine bay as they do it. Go for the simple things like lubrication first, it can make all the difference, before considering stripping things apart.

Try adjusting the cable first, although if it were slack the pedal usually starts to feel a bit limp. If it is the bearing its a gearbox out job... If its making loud noise I wouldn't wait for it to go bang before looking into it

@MrFarenheit yeah that sounds like a plan, hopefully its something that just needs some new lubrication, will do that tomorrow and hopefully that should sort it!

@MaxWheeler Its not too loud just noticeable, and the clutch pedal feels quite firm however the clutch bite is quite high, so if the lubrication doesn't do the job ill definitely have a look into the cable and see if it does need adjusting and see if that sorts out the problem. Thanks for attaching the video too!

Back