micra problems k11 clutch i think

my micra k11 has started making grinding noises and has now started makeing squeaking noises too. i think they are related to the clutch as a few weeks ago my clutch decide to slip but is now fine exept the new grinding and squeaking noises. with the clutch dissengaged the noises are worse! i think i need a new clutch. any confermation on this would be great. i do not have any docs about service history but the car has done 88000 miles.

cheers:k12red:

cheers mate. usfull info. not driving the car now. developed new problems. fully have to press clutch to disengage engine now and when i do it makes an awfull raket. wouldent let me change gears once on way home!

sounds like the plate or the thrust bearing is on its way out.

I had to change mine at around 70k. I'd recommend replacing the whole clutch. A garage quoted me £80 labour plus parts.

DIY HELP! clutch

cool. orderd clutch kit off ebay. plate, bareing and clutch. new, good deal £35

the problem has to be clutch! gears and engine have been fine untill now. (exept the MAS/throttle body when i brought the car for £120 and cangarooed!) wich i fitted myself and was well easy and runs fine. (throttle body brought off ebay with 3 year garantee and was reconditioned)

i want to know how difficult is it replacing the clutch? i would love to do myself. i have haynes manual and it says i have to remove transmition to get to clutch.
any one here done it them selfs and found it easy?

any comments would be appreciated

Sorry to hijack your thread, Micradrivr, but my clutch is going too!
Any help for us would be much appreciated! :love:

Thanx for that.

ended up getting some guy down the rd from me to change clutch. cost me £60. this guy is always fixing cars in driveway.

had the car for about 4 hours then lost drive compleatly! mate tells me the guy has not put the drive shafts in properly. so have now been told the gear box might be screwd and the shaft because of this guy not putting the right hand drive shaft in properly!

any input about this matter would be appreciated.

(thinking i should of done it myself now!)

micradrivr

tap it back in with a broom handle and hammer (you might need to turn the wheel to line the splines up tho)

thanx i will have a go.

got the car droped to house last night. (from where drive stoped on A27!) tested car today. working fine. on the tow back it must of made the shaft fit back in.

been reading about the retaining clip that holds the shaft in the box.

could this be the problem?

for those interested here is a picture of my old clutch that was removed!

http://fusionpics.com/showpic-1755.jpg

ps. it was towed with front end off ground!

micradrivr

nice, :suspect: looks like an exedy friction plate and a copy pressure plate
i dont rate any spurious clutch parts

Back