• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Charlie

Not yet, won't have a chance to look until tomorrow

My first guess was the pipes cause they're the only part that hasn't been changed yet

ok this is going to a weird one I can feel it....

yesterday on the way to work the brakes were binding quite badly, wheels were hot to the touch.
on the way home the felt better, got home and the wheels were warm.
just got to work and the wheels are cold, had a look at the discs and calipers (through the wheel) and everying looks fine, touoched the caliper and it was cold as if they were never used?!?!?!

Sounds like a slide pin problem Karl. I've had a similar problem on the SR.

I'd take the pins out, degrease everything and let it dry then reassemble with red rubber brake grease on the pins:).

Well the brakes are now behaving themselves, for how long who knows

Desperately seeking some wheels for the k11/ yaris 14" or 15" with tyres but must be cheap and local

I have wheels :) not the prettiest but they'll do (look a lot nicer than my steels), need one tyre but for £50 can't complain

New shoes
7479487564_de5882caee.jpg

I wish they were lol, they're called BR Sport some Japanese brand (well they say made in Japan on one of the spokes) and yes 50 notes and they were mine :D

They do need some lower profile tyres cause at the moment they've got 195/55 on and the fronts look like they may catch

I like the contrast so going to keep them blue, they'll be coming off again after Japfest any way so may not do anything with them

Haven't done anything special today just got two tyres replaced and a buyer for the wheels if I ever wanted to sell them lol

£50 for them sweet rims i am jalousie. Never would of thought about putting those colors together but they look awesome!!

well yesterday i decided to swap the fronts with the rears cause they needed balancing and now the osr is rubbing on one of the screws holding the mud flap in place.

for some reason the osr is lower than the nsr?!?!

osr can't even get my finger between the screw and tyre

7506638012_4660aa48b5.jpg

nsr plenty of room

7506642070_70ae55790e.jpg

For some reason the off side is a fair bit lower causing the tyre to rub on the screw, which when looking at the tyre is quite obvious

Going to swap the wheels back again tonight till I can get some 195/45's on it

I fitted my 15's the other day, and after reading through your post, i just noticed mine is exactly the same, one side rear higher than the other, and mine isnt even lowered. Any reason as to this anyone? Maybe the spring one side come uncaptive slightly? sorry for the thread hijack btw :oops:

Don't forget, weight distribution won't be perfect taking into account petrol in the tank etc. Have you considered part-worns Karl? You can get some real bargains :).

That's the thing there is no weight the only thing in the back of the car is the child seat, but that's on the passenger side and there's no fuel to worry about cause my fuel light came on when I got home doh

I've got part worns on at the moment lol but the 55's have to go so I'll get them replaced before Japfest

Well the wheels got swapped around so the larger profile is on the front, wheels balanced and car washed ready for tomorrow.

Also out of interest I weighed an Almera gti disc...... 6kg :wow:

After what seems like ages I finally got round to finishing stripping my spare head

7536296900_5e4f9a6edd.jpg

Still got a few more things to take off it before cleaning and replacing practically everything

Just drove to work and no problems not having the engine control relay in thank god

Feeling really under powered running a cg tb over the ga15, pickup in fourth gear is non existent :(

So this
7661667318_a2aa205398.jpg

Was really getting me down.

An hour later....
7661671824_2639246811.jpg

Point of no return lol

Which ended in
7661675634_71829ae004.jpg

It's by no means perfect yet but it looks a lot nicer than having a tatty looking door

Thankfully passenger side is fine, door needs adjusting or hinges swapping cause now I have a saggy door :(. That's a job for tomorrow though my inlaws are letting me use their drive :)

Back