• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Charlie

He got bored with them, left them by the sofa and went to bed. So it's been left to me to do, which I'll do a little later :)

Well the weathers been crap since Saturday night so whilst it's nice this afternoon I thought it was about time I swapped the rear springs, a few new cuts on my hands to add to the collection and they're on/in need to tighten up a couple of bolts but it's done :)

I swear I'm cutting my suspension swap time down by at least half every time I do it :)

Couldn't resist

7335943640_bd13a30b94.jpg

Still got room to move :) as long as the new shoes allow me to

Been looking at getting a pair of BMW E30 wheels to "match" my BBS', but before I spend money on them I thought I'd do a little paint photochop
7157167999_2a6d4db831.jpg

Pretty close match if you ask me

Your kind of right, there are several basket weave's that came as optional extras
VW
Mazda
BMW
Nissan

Unfortunately for me I had to get the rarest of the RG's which were an optional extra on Nissans back in the late 80's, even worse is the fact that in about 3 years of looking I can not find another set for love nor money. So I've decided to bite the bullet and buy some E30 ones because visually they're the closest match

The E30 are 4x100 but the hub is smaller Karl, it will need some grinding action!

Stupidly bought a couple of things from the land of the rising sun and narrowly missed out on what i was actually after, ah well suppose I'd better tell the missus

Work done so far:

100nx calipers and vented discs
Matiz front suspension
Corsa B rear shocks
HOL 80mm rear springs
OMP front upper strut brace
GA15 throttle body
GA15 pink injectors (185cc)
GA16 airbox
Frankspeed manifold
Sportex full exhaust
Noddies on car adjustable path hard rod
TRS tow strap (front)
OMP corsica suede steering wheel
Almera short boss
JDM dash pod

A few other things have been done but they're not really worth noting

Loving the car so far Karl. I've got matiz fronts ready to go on :) what are HOL 80mm rear springs? Where can I source them. cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Well not done anything to the car this weekend as it was my sons first birthday yesterday, so we've been doing the rounds with family visits :)

Did get round to emailing BBS to get some more info regarding my wheels, just need to wait for them to get back to me.

Other news my insurance is up in a couple of weeks and it's an absolute joke the amount they want me to pay, almost £200 more than what I paid for the past year so trying to get that down by adding my partners mum

Well not done anything to the car this weekend as it was my sons first birthday yesterday, so we've been doing the rounds with family visits :)

Did get round to emailing BBS to get some more info regarding my wheels, just need to wait for them to get back to me.

Other news my insurance is up in a couple of weeks and it's an absolute joke the amount they want me to pay, almost £200 more than what I paid for the past year so trying to get that down by adding my partners mum

A happy birthday to your son :) my insurance is up shortly aswell, lets just say im done playing their games...time to make them play mine. We'll see if it works lol.

Cheers :)

You'd think my insurance would be quite cheap, I don't drive during peak times, the cars parked in a secure carpark at night and at home during the day, I've got accidents (that was my fault) and I do next to no milage other than to and from work approx 250 a week

Last year after getting a highish quote, i said ok i'll reduce me mileage (never got anywhere near to it anyway)...for being on the road half the time, the reduction was laughable. Ranted at the guy on the phone lol, realised i wasnt getting anywhere so told them goodbye and went with another company.

I had the same happen to me in reverse my girlfriend was going to put me on her insurance but said it was too expensive aswell. robbing companies

Finally got around to installing my narrowband gauge, not working like I was expecting but that could be due to several things. Either the crack in my manifold or my poor wiring skills are hindering it but we'll find out once I find my soldering iron :)

It's only there for reference so I know what's going on ish with my fueling, but........ I need to sort out the wiring and the crack for it to be effective, joy

I don't mind wiring it's relaxing, it's the welding I'm not looking forward to

Just need to find my soldering iron, solder and welder

I'm the other way I dont mind welding and bits like that (as long as its not brasing the hole in my girlfriends pug 307 manifold lol ) but wireing confuses me mostly and breaks haha

Decided on doing a poor mans paint job using hammerite just can't decided what to go for black or white, won't be doing it till August when I have week off work

Decided on doing a poor mans paint job using hammerite just can't decided what to go for black or white, won't be doing it till August when I have week off work
Will you be rolling it on or spraying?? I have been looking in to the rustoleum paint jobs people have been do'n. Some have come out very nice!

My brakes have been squealing for a little while but yesterday got a lot worse so took the pads out and cleaned them off, put some copper grease on them and the disc (not the friction parts) so hopefully that's sorted them, topped up the oil cause I've got a leak near the sump and cleaned up the rocker cover with a wire brush

They were serviced before they were put on, pins were greased with copper grease, pistons were removed cleaned and new seals put on

Everything was as it should have been

They were serviced before they were put on, pins were greased with copper grease, pistons were removed cleaned and new seals put on

Everything was as it should have been

Have you tried bleeding the brakes? Make sure its free flowing and the pipes are clear etc

Back