Whats the furthest you've driven in a day?

James

Chairman
My record was set today on my trip around the south with my cousin to pick up some bits and bobs, but ended up turning into a visit to most of the seaside towns on the south coast:

From ME12 2NL,Minster
Via R.A.F. Odiham,Hook
Portsmouth,Hampshire
Brighton,East Sussex
Newhaven,East Sussex
Eastbourne,East Sussex
Hastings,East Sussex
Maidstone,Kent
To ME12 2NL,Minster
Distance 294.7 miles
Time 6 hr 40 min (plus stops)
[attachment=1050]

Plus heres some random pics we took on the journey:

[attachment=1051]
Speedo clocking 111,111.1 miles ;)

[attachment=1052]
Me looking like a bit of a lemon (to be honest, lol) on Brighton pier

And two other pics from the pier:
[attachment=1053] [attachment=1054]

Quite a few miles that young James.

Furthest i've done was a few months back.. Drove from mine (point 1) to the isle of sheppey in the snow (point 2), then from there up to my dad's pub in bradford (point 3).

The day after, i drove from there to Umar's (in bradford), then across to Hull. Then from hull, back to home!

Day 1 - 335 miles (5 hours 40 drive)
7.day1.jpg

Day 2 - 336 Miles (actually i went the wrong way so it was nearer 400)
13.day2.jpg

erm mine was probs last weekend!. in a micra ne ways
from mine to georges. then to heart of glasgow, back to georges then from georges to mine :eek: not good

422 miles without the journey (roughly 30 miles there and back) so looking around 470+ miles. not including trips to the garage and trips back and forth from georges garage to his house etc!!

then did it all again the next day aswell. very tiring

I was thinking about this the other day, Stoke on Trent to Scarborough then back again the next day I reckon, 163miles, 3hrs 10 each way (according to theAA.com) it more like took me 2.5 hours I think!!

Dublin to the north of donegal... and back...
Left at 7am, got back home at 10.30pm.
All in the name of micras, thats where i got my superturbo stuff!
190 miles each way and i done some driving while i was up there (needed macdonalds and stuff) then i drove around to friends for a while when i got home so i done just over 400 miles that day, lord how i was tired!

well hears mine last year before jae

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_results.jsp?minx=-139042.08695652173&miny=70510.2458571429&maxx=647389.9130434783&maxy=728918.2458571428&width=430&height=360&author=&toolMode=1&gp=map&displaymap=true&showMap=true#map

DOW well it was from paisley to bournemouth 465.50 miles in my old super s and man did my arse ace after that plus i was nearly partily deaf as well

nicon_23 said:
well hears mine last year before jae

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_results.jsp?minx=-139042.08695652173&miny=70510.2458571429&maxx=647389.9130434783&maxy=728918.2458571428&width=430&height=360&author=&toolMode=1&gp=map&displaymap=true&showMap=true#map

Nothing there

my longest journet was from mine, (sunderland) to london docklands for max power london and then back all in the same day, 279.5 miles each way so 559 miles, this wasnt in my micra tho was in my dads car

I have done 340 miles in a day a good few times going down Yeovil, but longest was from london to leeds, then bradford and back in a day, tht was tiring indeed!

Well!

Either from here to Moffat, then to Chies, then down on to Waynes. (about 5hrs ish)

Or, Chies to Dannins, Dannis to Donny, Donny to Dannis, back to Chies, from chies to the borders, from there back to Edinburgh, an for there home. About 9hrs driving :(

That wasn't fun...

lol we have beaten you all :p

the day of the K12 Launch we did Newcastle and back in one day which was from mine in Leicestershire and then Ed and Trung drove back from mine in the evening to London!!! That was also that time in the year when we had bad weather country wide, snow blizzards, storms etc etc and Ed and Trung spent hours on the motorway as the M1 and M25 came to stand still!

Kev

my furthest will be tomorrow - from birmingham to york and back - about 280 miles...

although i'll be doing it in a volvo S40 not the micra so will be a doddle :D

i ended up near dingle on west coast is it called? was on the hunt for surf.
. did non stop to from south west cornwall to cork. did share the driving a bit. we had short rest on the car ferry which left at 3am from west wales and we arrived to a nice sunny day on the east coast of ireland. the best holiday i ever had.

also been a passenger in car from cornwall to central italy with only 2 nights stop.

rochdale to york to pick up sister
york to sheffield to pick up grandad
sheffield to new byth right at the top scotland. long long journey.
took me just short of 14hours i think.that was in january just gone.
didnt use the micra for that i used my mums rover 420 which is abit more comfy!

Ive w\quite easil done over 800 in a day,

I drive to london and back to manchester at least once every week.

Ive put 17,000 on since mid JAN...

crazy miles!

Back