Useful gearbox torque rating page

cisco

» CMF Member
http://www.aichikikai.co.jp/english/mission.html

Knew about this web page a long time ago, but had to ask a mate to dig it back up.

This is the company that made the Japanese RS5F30a gearboxes for Nissan. I.e. the micra's factory gearbox.

They rate them for 100-150Nm maximum torque input. So they are pretty strong and you shouldn't be stripping teeth too easily.

Unfortunately it doesn't have anything for the 31 series gearboxes, but I might email them and try to ask.

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
That would be interesting Cisco.
If such a page exists add it to the site.
Usually gearboxes are pretty robust items unlees you are doing something really crazy.

Attachments

• 15887.jpg
    15887.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 33

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I should save that graph of the R30A somewhere..

cisco

» CMF Member
Hmm allright.

Well here it is. A graph from the manufacturer of our standard gearboxes in Japan saying input torque is rated between 100-150Nm. Its the R30A=RS5F30A.

Attachments

• 15906.gif
    15906.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 38

cisco

» CMF Member
Sorry. I meant F30A=RS5F31A

F30A is the original code given to that gearbox by the manufacturer (aichi machine industry co.) in its raw state before they sell them to Nissan and Nissan brand it an RS5F30A.

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
as you know the ga16 gearbox can bolt on to the cg13 engine, so would this be possible in the reverse do you think?

keep the cg13 gearbox and fit on the ga16 engine? therefore no driveshaft mods etc?

cheers

cisco

» CMF Member
I think the splines have a different number of teeth, and so the pulsar shafts would not insert into the micra's gearbox.

Also, the micra's gearbox is weaker, I wouldn't really want an RS5F30A on my GA16DE for strength reasons etc. But I'm sure it wouldn't snap or anything, as long as your GA16DE wasn't too modified..

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
This is an older version of that same webpage. It shows the F30A box being fitted to a Primera. There is no way anything smaller than a RS5F31A was ever fitted to a Primera.
On the other hand, I don't think the torque data is actually the RS5F32A box, as it can't be that much weaker than the RS5F50A.

Attachments

• 16020.gif
    16020.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 43
Back