The old regulars

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hello all

Just a round up to see who's still bumming about with their micras, who's moved on etc.

Makes?
eM?
No_Jammin?
GTRHOLIC?
rocket?

C'mon post up let us know you're still kicking! :D

I think most of you are aware of what happened to me after Charlotte went to another home.

And those of you who are still here, what you have moved onto if you haven't already told us???
ie:
cisco - came out of the closet and got a colt :p
seano/life coach/simply mighty - part time aussie on 2 wheels...stay alert champ...
smidge - mentally insane..purchased a K10 ST.

etc etc

smidge

» CMF Member
mentally insane, correct! but the ST is running great at the moment, when it breaks, then i'm in trouble.. but its only got 80k on the clock so i've got some time, and slowly buying up spares

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
Hi guys

Haven't been a huge poster over the years but still loyal to the cause! 11 years, 181000+ km and no intention of (or money for) an upgrade any time soon.

Cheers

CMF_makes

» CMF Member
Hi Yom,

Yes i am still around and still have the two Super S micra's.

Due to greater amount of kilometers i need to travel these days and the wear and tear this causes I am planning to buy a new car early next year. Unfortunately i will need to sell at least one of the Micras then.

I was hoping to hold out long enough for the new k13 micra... However it sounds like they are still at least 2 years away and i can't wait that long.

Suzuki have just announced they will be bringing their new Alto model to Australia in first half of 2009... very frugal and cool looking car so this is the front-runner for me at this point.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/suzuki-alto.html

I know Rocket sold his micra an fair while ago, he sold it to concentrate on a turbo Charade he was fixing up... I am not sure about the others you mentioned.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Still got my pair.. No longer the mileage leader though. I've got 325,000k's on my original car which is 13 yrs old now.
I've owned 3 Micras all up.

There are 2 SLX's floating around in Berwick, a blue one and a white one.. One driven by an elderly couple and the other by a guy of indeterminate age. Neither took any notice of my car even when I sitting beside them at traffic lights.

As an aside I sold my Lada Niva four wheel drive utility on e-bay last week. It sold in 3 hrs of add being put up.
Kinda sorry to see it go, it was rarer then a Micra Super S.

Mychael

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
my brother-in-law had a lada, great 4wd... can't bog them..although, you'd have heard the joke why do lada's have a rear window demister?

to keep your hands warm as you push 'er to the nearest servo...

rechecked my Odo... I've done 345000km....(blowing a little smoke when cold but I think that's from the turbo seals(anyone got a spare GT17?))

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"Still got my pair.. No longer the mileage leader though. I've got 325,000k's on my original car which is 13 yrs old now.<BR>I've owned 3 Micras all up.<BR><BR>There are 2 SLX's floating around in Berwick, a blue one and a white one.. One driven by an elderly couple and the other by a guy of indeterminate age. Neither took any notice of my car even when I sitting beside them at traffic lights.<BR><BR>As an aside I sold my Lada Niva four wheel drive utility on e-bay last week. It sold in 3 hrs of add being put up.<BR>Kinda sorry to see it go, it was rarer then a Micra Super S.<BR><BR>Mychael

Lada Niva.. that brings back memories. My dad use to own the ex works Geoff Portman Safari Lada. He done a few off road events with it.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
fred WROTE:

"my brother-in-law had a lada, great 4wd... can't bog them..although, you'd have heard the joke why do lada's have a rear window demister?
br>
to keep your hands warm as you push 'er to the nearest servo...

They really were underated. I'd owned several over the yrs but the utes were very rare.

Q/ How do you increase the Value of your Lada
A/ Sell it with a full tank of petrol.

Q/ How do you make your Lada go faster.
A/ Tell the tow truck driver to accelerate.

Really though I've rescued a lot of "better" 4x4 over the yrs and been places a 'small' fourbie was not supposed to go.

Mychael

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
yom, you know me I'll drive miles to say hi lift your hood, how yah doin..... but I'm a bit stick of driving up and see just 2 blokes micra's(hardcore as they were)..... if I was guaranteed a show of 5 or more(even other small cars even susy GTI's cough), i'd be worth it, besides i've just made myself busy with a complete rebuild plus the other stuff happening.... going to the opera, setting up my aquaponics, buildng a garage/workshop, plus fitting in the family...... and maintaining my daily, poor old neglected turbo micra.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh its a bit late in the year to organise a catch up I think.

Sometime next year mabye. Try and give heaps of notice and coax everyone into it. mabye even do it closer to the mexican border so you dont have to drive as far.

And no, not a vw meet. I'm on all the main VW forums i know of and quite honestly from their postings I don't think I'd fit in very well..... lol

fred WROTE:

"yom, you know me I'll drive miles to say hi lift your hood, how yah doin..... but I'm a bit stick of driving up and see just 2 blokes micra's(hardcore as they were)..... if I was guaranteed a show of 5 or more(even other small cars even susy GTI's cough), i'd be worth it, besides i've just made myself busy with a complete rebuild plus the other stuff happening.... going to the opera, setting up my aquaponics, buildng a garage/workshop, plus fitting in the family...... and maintaining my daily, poor old neglected turbo micra.

amen to that. least we know who's dedicated... fred, me, d1 and random vw drivers :p almost time for me to open that can off whoop-ass that's been brewing for the last year or so hehe

Back