Stone Dented Bonnet, I need a new one? or fix?

I have been doing alot of motorway miles lately, and when i last washed the car i realised i have atleast a dozen dents on my bonnet aswell as several chips from stones.

can anyone let me know where i can cheaply find a new bonnet, or whether it is a simple repair and how much that would roughly cost too.

Thank you

At the same time i am looking for a new rear bumper after gauging it on a post when reversing. I was quoted £120 to remould and paint, but it must be a similar cost just to get a new one surely? if not cheaper somewhere on the internet?

Thanks again

the price sounds good for the rear bumper as it cost me £100 just to get my carcept rear sprayed, at the time i couldn`t find a new bumper standard for less than £60
as for the bonnet ask at the same bodyshop they may be able to sort it out for you and do a deal for both pieces saving you a bit of cash from memory new bonnets on ebay are around £70 that would be plus fitting and spraying

Thats a fair price for the bumper, remember if you buy a brand new one they are supplied in primer so still need painting so would work out much more expensive.

With your bonnet you have a few options, unless the dents are all over or really bad a new bonnet might be an expensive way round. If the dents are fairly shallow you could see if you have a paintless dent removal man in your area, they charge around £60 per panel.
If you want the dents taking out and the chips painting your probably looking around £150 - £200 but as above, if your getting both done as once the bodyshop should be able to knock you some money off as the car will be masked up and in the booth and the paint will be mixed up and in the gun anyway.

Thank you both for your advice, as the dents are 'rounded' not 'sharp edged' then i'll definitely try and find a paintless dent removal guy. with regards to the chips, someone today at work suggested getting a paint dap stick from nissan.... do you know whether this is effective or a shody repair?!

Thank you

Depends how picky your going to be with it really, if you touch in the stone chips it'll help take your eye off them, but its still going to be obvious that its been touched in, the only way your going to achieve a smooth even finish is to repaint the bonnet.

Back