Speed Camera costs drivers £750,000 in 2 months!

James

Chairman
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4463961.stm

A temporary speed trap at roadworks has led to motorists being fined £750,000 in two months.

Speed cameras were placed on the A27 at Falmer, East Sussex, while a pedestrian subway was installed.

The speed limit on the road was reduced from 70mph to 40mph and about 12,500 drivers who failed to slow down were fined £60.

Ouch!!

RE: Speed Camera costs drivers £750,000 in 2 months!

i read that too! im quite surprised though how many people dont slow down for roadworks

makes me wonder then how much of an obstruction the road works posed in the first place if people didn't feel the need to slow down

Its a farce! money making at its best! they have put them on the M4! and to do so have park on paths breaking the law! to "slow" drivers down! my arse! ill ell you how to slow drivers down! get more plice on the roads! theres nothing like having a copper following you to make you driver propperly!

Its like jeramy clarkson put it. the yorkshire ripper was caught on a routine traffic stop. if there were cameras about then he probly would have walked free!

So true the thing is you have to remember for EVERY camera that does flash a motorist its purpose for being there has failed. I.e. to slow people so that camera has demonstrated 12,500 times in two months that it didnt work. You really dont need much more proof than that.

Back