Some useful gearbox info??

smidge

» CMF Member
found this info while looking thru trademe... sorry if its old news just sounds like the guys done it before!!

"If you have a dead CVT & a 1.3L motor, they all die prematurely. I'd suggest you fit a manual gearbox (a friend of mine had one fitted by Eastern Autos). Use the RS5F31V viscous box & LHS inner CV out of a GA16DE powered N15 (or N14) Pulsar. Clutch pedal, gear shift & mounts can come from a 1L K11. CVT half shafts & CV's match the 31 box. GA engine has the same bell housing pattern as CG"

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
so, if I find some micra CVT drive shafts, change my CV's, I can run a 31V gearbox? (with changes to speedo connection if N15) any changes to the mounts? V. interesting Turbo mods....

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
In NZ most K11 are 1L CG10DE & there are far more autos than manual.
So to do the manual conversion, it'd be much easier to find 1L parts & make any modifications necessary.

In Australia you've got plenty of manual 1.3L CG13DE.

The K11 that's had the RS5F31V swap above belongs to EVLGTI

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
From all I've been told & seen, the CVT shafts with 31V passenger side inner CV.
There was a thread on here a while ago that discussed this, there were some photos of the various shafts which may have been from Taiwan or Japan.

Back