Security Systems > Hardcore, ear-bleeding, stop the bastard, security :D

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Ive uplaoded a pic of the place i intend to install this 120db siren. Since there have actually been studies to show people dont care about car alarms, Ive devised a location that is neither in the direct line of sight from outside (+tint) and also fairly well sheltered from wire cutters, AND, pointing straight at the main point of entry.

BOOYAH.

One small issue im throwing up, is, should i bolt it to the chassis (Means drilling thru the floor :( ) or bolt it to the plastic interior? (Means drilling, but thru plastic)

Im more inclined to go thru the plastic but would that imply less secure? Or even effect the shock sensor thats inside the siren?

Any thoughts?

(Ps. my engine bay is a no-go zone. The air-horn i installed takes up most of the spare space in the engine bay ;))

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Haha dude! If you want to be sneaky you could install it on the rear parcel tray under a speaker grille. It would then deflect off the rear hatch glass and go straight into the unprotected ears of the criminal.

But thats just me being sneaky.

I personally think that position is way too unprotected, but it will have the desired effect on the criminals.

Oh and definately drill into the floorpan to install this. You dont want them to be able to remove it. Wiring should be deep under the carpet and hard to find quickly if it is a non-battery backup siren. With the floorpan drilling, just check to make sure there is nothing you might drill through, and when you're done make sure you put some paint over the holes just to protect it a bit from rust. Use stainless steel bolts as well.

As for drilling in that particular area - be careful, I think the fuel tank is under there!

Cheers and goodluck

Back