Returning member

Hi all,
After a 3 year break, via a Ka and a Honda Accord I'm back in a Micra. I'd forgotten how much fun they are to drive. Admittedly the Ka had a lot more grip and less body roll and the Accord was comfortable enough, but was mindnumbingly boring to drive and drank fuel considering its relative lack of performance.

Anyhow, I've had a look through the forums and I think I'm going to:

Try and obtain a frankspeed manifold. Does he still make these?

Almera airbox

Nodspeed decat pipe

1.3 inlet cam.

I know it won't make a huge difference (and in old enough to know better) but it'll give me something to tinker with.

I'll be giving it an oil and filter change but was wondering- it will be spending a fair amount of time doing (relatively) fast motorway work. Would a 5w40 be better than 5w30 that is listed for the Micra?
ECP always has its own brand 5 litres fully synth on offer or would you go for branded as 4 litres is more than enough for a Micra change? (3 1/2 Lt IIRC)

Thanks in advance

I always use magnatec 10/40 or 5/30. Whichever I get hold of first. I do lots of motorway Miles and never had any issues.
4 litres is fine. You won't need it all.

Had a bit of a duel on the way back with my new motor, with a one litre celebration in red (any-one on here????)
Of course they did not know they were racing a mighty 1.4 sport plus - game over LOL

Back