repairing body kit

J

Joris v b

Hi guys,

bought myself a nice bodykit this week. Think it is a Foha kit...it stands on the spoiler...foha austria.

The problem is that it has some cracks. What's the best way to repair this?

Will post some pic's this week.

Sorry to gatecrash your thread Joris, but I remembered something.

When I hit that deer my nice SLX bumper got a bit bent (mostly the metalwork underneath but that can be replaced.) And I was wondering if you think this can be fixed?

The crack in the white bit can be filled fairly easily I think its just the bent black plastic (which kinda bulges out either side) which I dont know how to fix...

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 398
plastice body kits aren't that easy to replace but some fibreglass filler should do the job well enough on cracks but if the plastic is dented it will be very hard to fix, in turtles case it would be far cheap to get another bumper for £10 from a scrapyard if you look hard enough youll get a goodun, total waste of money trying to fix a gsx bumper when their ten to the penny down the scrappies

agree with mat plastic is hard to work with if it was fibreglass like mine ud be alright turtle just go look for another one not hard to find and joris u should be able to do some work to it with fibreglass filler as long as there just cracks and not badly damaged but it may still crack as it dont like bonding to plastic much

Is yours plastic Joris?!!! Mines fiberglass, and it's the foah kit. I'm using body filler, and it's taking ages lol!!

Welcome btw!! :D

Ems said:
Is yours plastic Joris?!!! Mines fiberglass, and it's the foah kit. I'm using body filler, and it's taking ages lol!!

paul was answerin 2 question in one post em i know confused me too first timei read it lol ur kit on yet???

ems if ur using normal body filler make sure ur bumper dont flex to much as u will find it will crack

thats why you should use fibreglass filler body filler is better suited to repairing metal car panels i wouldnt recommend fixing fibre glass body kits with anything other than more fibre glass and fibre glass filler

Ems said:

Yes, mine's plastic :( just had another peak at it. Put all the spoilers and my new rims in front and next to the car. Made a few pictures... too bad i can't find the cable. will post pictures tomorrow from work.

Here's a short impression:

exterior:
13"x7J ATS CLASSIC WHEELS (not fitted)
35 mm drop at all corners (2 realised at the mo)
FOHA spoilerkit

Interior:
Nissan Sunny Coupe sportseats (not fitted)
Nissan Sunny Coupe 3 spoke steering wheel (will be changed due to wear and still a too thin steering wheel)
Nissan Micra Super S dials (with tacho)

ICE:
Alpine 5335 4*35W RMS amp (bridged)
2 6*9 Lanzar 3 way speakers in rear
2 f****d up 4"blaupunkt speakers in front
Kenwood KDC-5031 HU

Your kit will be fine Ems, i dont think it'l crack or anything. We're only doing small patches of filling too, not huge amounts, and its going on a fibre glass base.

Arnold said:
Your kit will be fine Ems, i dont think it'l crack or anything. We're only doing small patches of filling too, not huge amounts, and its going on a fibre glass base.

We'll soon find out lol!!!

If it does crack, we'l just put it down to the work you've done on it without me :p

wicked kit! looks like the monte carlo one, some nice wide ATS rims there too ;) thats going to look wicked mate :cool:

Yeah looks ok that, was gunna say i don't think it's the Foah as it's not the same as mine!!!! Good luck with it tho Joris, keep us updated with the progress!!! And your k10 looks in good nic too!!!

And Paul, no the kit's not on yet as u have prob figured, being fitted on the 29th!!! :D

Ems said:
Yeah looks ok that, was gunna say i don't think it's the Foah as it's not the same as mine!!!! Good luck with it tho Joris, keep us updated with the progress!!! And your k10 looks in good nic too!!!

And Paul, no the kit's not on yet as u have prob figured, being fitted on the 29th!!! :D

never said it was a foah kit...it is an FOAH kit...that's what it says...foha austria. Whats the average price paid for a kit like mine?

That's why i choose this side for the pic. Drivers door need replacement and i've got some rust on the door sill...gonna spray that in the summer. Also got 2 ugly dents in the roof and one in the left front panel. The lf panel is also a bit orange so that needs a respray too. Got a few scratches but the idea is to fix it all in once. if a new color isn't to expensive maybe a total exterior respray. But for now i'm spraying with a can.

seems to be some confussion about FOAH here, foah are the company that nissan used to make almost all the bodykits for the k10 there were 4 avaliable from nissan and so far they have all turned up in one way or another on the msc. so lets once and for all just say at least 99% of k10 kits (off the shelf) are made by Foah ;) i know as ive seen the actual order booklet :) and had the pleasure of find 3 of them apart form the monte carlo kit :(

Speedle said:
seems to be some confussion about FOAH here, foah are the company that nissan used to make almost all the bodykits for the k10 there were 4 avaliable from nissan and so far they have all turned up in one way or another on the msc. so lets once and for all just say at least 99% of k10 kits (off the shelf) are made by Foah ;) i know as ive seen the actual order booklet :) and had the pleasure of find 3 of them apart form the monte carlo kit :(

strange...the picture here below shows what stands on my spoiler...so too me it appears that FOHA exists

spoiler.jpg

clarification and translation:
heckspoiler - roof spoiler
hersteller foha austria - manufacturer foha austria
typ: AAA 22 02 013
typ: .... KBA 35570

have to look tomorrow to be certain about the last two rules.

But it looks to me that FOHA exists! fwn

Ems said:
Bout £100 quid i would say.

If the kit is in exceptional condition, including spoilers etc, you can get £150 quite easily im sure, but yeah most general kits go for £100 :)

Arnold said:
If the kit is in exceptional condition, including spoilers etc, you can get £150 quite easily im sure, but yeah most general kits go for £100 :)

Then i'm a happy man... i paid €30,- for the seats, steering wheel and the complete kit! :love:

Joris v b said:
But it looks to me that FOHA exists! fwn

off course they exist lol! as i've said further up they made all of the bodykits for the k10 when it was being manufactured... lol

Speedle said:
off course they exist lol! as i've said further up they made all of the bodykits for the k10 when it was being manufactured... lol

you stated before:

Speedle said:
so lets once and for all just say at least 99% of k10 kits (off the shelf) are made by Foah i know as ive seen the actual order booklet

You see the difference? FOAH -> FOHA . Is it the same company? i've lost track :down:

well...then it sure is a mistake many people make...i started to believe it where 2 different companies.

But my kit is the FOHA MONTE CARLO kit?

Joris v b said:
Then i'm a happy man... i paid €30,- for the seats, steering wheel and the complete kit! :love:

Blimey, that's one bargain k10 peep's down here would dream about!!!!

But to get a clear view of the possibilities to repair my plastic bumper.

- fiberglas filler, is this the following? put a piece of fiberglass behind the crack and then fill the gap?

is plasticwelding a good method to repair? I think that's also something i can try at home.. make a v-shape in the back of the bumper. Than melt some plastic into it to get it to bond together.

crack

this is the crack in the front bumper..it won't be easy to repair i think but i'll try.

someone got better ideas?

as you can see the front bumper (and also the rear) has a wave form in the top of the bumper. How can this be repaired?

then u get my kit which as far as i know we have not seen it anywhere else and there is no make stamp on it

Nice
But have you tried the Ats on the car? You may need some "fine" tuning of the rear arches....

My Monte with ats:
IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

It may work with 175\50-13 tires and stiff suspension

haven't done much to the car the few months. Tinted the 2 rear side windows. Sold the ATS because they didn't fit. The seats ain't going to fit either. There to wide for the car. i'm trying to get the bumperkit sprayed in the next few months but it isn't priority at the mo. The color of the kit will be black.

I'm thinking of steel wheels (maybe chromed) if i find a nice design.

Getting you updated when there are changes.

Back