Rear Tailgate (Hatch Door); Help. What Are These Rubber Lugs For?

Rear Tailgate (Hatch Door); Help. What are these 2 rubber lugs for?
They catch on the parcel shelf so I want to remove them. But just had a thought that they may be related to rear window glass. But they dont seem to be attached to anything and i cant see what use they are or why nissan put them on?
All replies welcome, thank you.

Screenshot_20230211_081313_Firefox_1_1.jpg
Screenshot_20230211_081811_Gallery_1_1.jpg
Screenshot_20230211_082520_Gallery_1.jpg

I believe they are there to hold up the parcel shelf. Maybe yours hangs too low on the strings, and doesn't fall on top? Can't check mine unfortunately as it's turning to dust and thus can no longer be fitted.

I believe they are there to hold up the parcel shelf. Maybe yours hangs too low on the strings, and doesn't fall on top? Can't check mine unfortunately as it's turning to dust and thus can no longer be fitted.
Ah, ok thank you FinnishCoffee and Twincam-Alex. Ive never seen this before on other cars.ill investigate further now i know why they are there🤣🤣.
My parcel shelf is from pre-facelift car, my car is a facelift so its not the exact parcel shelf but fits pretty well apart from the cut out around the brake light which is at top of window on facelift cars.
Thanks again.

Hmm, looking at pictures of loose parcel shelves, maybe those are actually meant to land on top of the parcel shelf to hold it down as the pictures seem to show staining in those locations. In any case I think the shape of the parcel shelf is a bit different between the two brake light variants, which would cause your issues.

Hmm, looking at pictures of loose parcel shelves, maybe those are actually meant to land on top of the parcel shelf to hold it down as the pictures seem to show staining in those locations. In any case I think the shape of the parcel shelf is a bit different between the two brake light variants, which would cause your issues.
Yes i looked at it yesterday, one side will go above parcel shelf to hold it down when on bumpy roads. But the other side is getting trapped between door and shelf, i will probably remove it. Will post photos later.

I think theyre meant to go on top of shelf to stop it jumping up. Not a great fit though as im having to slam the boot quite hard to get it to latch now. Ill try putting some pipe insulation on the shelf to hold it and see how that works.
20230219_115617.jpg
20230219_115628.jpg

Back