Powersteering to Manual Steering swop

Afternoon Guys,

I have read that there is a spline difference size between the pre & post facelift steering racks but can anyone tell me in facelift manual & PS racks are interchangeable?

Im wanting to move back to Manual to save weight!

Thanks

Skinner

Dont mean to take it off topic but Could you tell me if I can change just a track rod or do I need to change the whole rack on a 2000 facelift. I've been told I have play in the rod ball joint :-/

its the rod itself i think mate id have to have a propper look i might get the mot tester to have a look tomorrow

Sorry mate didnt realise you were talking about the tie rod i jumped the gun when i read ball joint, hope you get it sorted though....

If anyone has a facelift rack kicking about (manual) that could measure the spline diameter id be very grateful :)

i'm in the same situation here. maybe worth going scrappies with a tape measure.

I would mate but im very limited here with scrapyards only 3 really & they dont have any facelists atm (sods law) im thinking the facelift ones would be the same (might just be hopeing lol)

If anyone has a prefacelift kicking about can they measure the with of the inout spline for me :)

Just before i got spending any cash

Back