POWER STEERING AND AIRCON

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
i just sourced a power steering conversion for my non existent micra. does $450 sound about right? is it safe to assume that the majority of the micras didnt come with power steering? also, when i asked the wrecker if he had a conversion, he asked me if my car had air or not as the power steering parts may different. is this so? on the subject of aircon, what would an air con conversion be worth? and what are the parts needed for it? thanks all.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah that price sounds spot on.

In aus, most LX's don't have power steering, I think half or more than half of the SLX's do, and most Super S's do not.

In Japan however, basically every single march has power steering and air con. Virtually none exist that don't have either.

If you have both air con and power steer, the belt that drives them needs to be different than to if you just had power steer. He would have been wanting to know which belt would fit your car. No, the power steer parts are not different if you have air con, just the belt.

Not sure about air con cost. We have a complete air con mostly removed from the white car just sitting here and we are about to have it re-installed in the white car. I need to find out how much that will cost shortly. Just to re-install and re-gas the system etc. But our compressor is also broken, so have to get it repaired too.

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hmmm, so i guess it would be a safe buy then right? as i only really want a 2 door. i probably wouldnt buy an aircon just to have sitting here for the moment. I'll probably wait until i actually have a car. hehe
cheers all

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
heres the pic, is should have a male connector but where does it goes?

Attachments

• 49836.gif
    49836.gif
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
Back