PistonHeads.com: Government Support for Car Industry

I haven't seen them bailing out any British car manufacturers over the years so why the hell should they bail out anyone else?

Reliant, Rover, British leyland, Triumph M/Cs etc etc.....not one penny!

It's the managements fault no-one else, if you keep making stuff you can't get rid of then tough.

It's dog eat dog world, if you can't come up with a conceptual selling technique then don't bother imo.

..and Mandelson copied exactly what Obama said yesterday...typical british MP..can't even come up with his own ideas...

Most of the people who will suffer are small businesses. I'm sure they make up for the majority of the employed in the UK! yet I doubt they will get any support to survive. People aren't buying cars.. so what happens when the 'loans' run out? as they will eventually! Tax payers are bailing these companies out and i personally think if everyone is effected, then everyone should be treated equally.

How many unsold Cars are there in this country? 1 million? 2 million?

I really think they need to get rid of those before building anything else.

It doesn't really matter how much money you throw at the Car manufacturers and that 2.5 billion could be spent elsewhere in this screwed up country.

Some suppliers will go to the wall but the rest will remain to service the 2nd hand market....

Back