PistonHeads.com: Are lorries about to get bigger?

A lot of the roads in this country would not be able to withstand 60Tonners! At 25feet it would be a bit tricky to manouver around city centres etc! I dont think it will happen to be honest.

when you know what your doing, its surprising where you can go with such a big vehicle. I take a 42ft rigid around council housing estates at night where its tricky enough in a car because of parking all over the place. I could easily do the same with another 20ft on the back.

Some of the pikey fairground people ive seen have stupidly long lorries. Dont know how legal they are, but it was 2 car transporters long, bolted together + another ride on wheels on the back! Think Ems saw it too. Looked very dangerous

Haha you guys havent ever been passed or had to overtake a roadtrain then. :p

http://www.ausfuel.com.au/images/Volvo cruising.JPG

these ones are even worse - debris galore!
road_train.jpg

Lets just say its impossible to overtake one of these ######s in a naturally aspirated micra. You're better off pulling over, taking a break, having a cup of tea, taking a leak, etc.

Wow I didnt realise that ####### is a naughty word for you lot. Thats so weird because it is in my day to day vocab!!! lol

Back