OIL filter aint coming off (L10)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
YES IT IS-----------my technique's official white meat spreading the heat
tighten up this throttle body clamp on it (or a similar sized strap)
at the right angle/place

DSC00561.jpg

=long socket extension bar hammer to tap the edge anti clockwise from beneath,so car on the axle stands
2 wheels with tyres under body weight of car as extra safety if you want
a good k11'r always has a spare throttle body clamp (by chance) or a
similar sized strap

how is it why is it where is it,,,,,,,no point ,its all above

and this is what my .22 does to a yellow pages,,,,,,,,,,,meaning dont be acting up
like a yell'ow pages near my vicinity:laugh::laugh::laugh::grinning::grinning:

DSC00559.jpg

something for the thorough bred people :grinning: tru holla
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9SdxrbfcAA&NR=1

Its simple, get a large screwdrive and stab it in the middle thru to the otherside of the filter giving you a leaver then twis it hahahaha...... thats an old method i used for years if i get into trouble...

But well done !!!!! jobs sorted for ya! :wow:

J

While we are sharing experiences...... It took me a whole day to remove a ******* air filter once. It came to the point were i bought every single tool available at halfords for oil filter removal. failing that i then resorted to a big hammer and a screwdriver..... i then snapped the screwdriver in the filter =|. and spent the rest of the day me and my mate taking attempts at it until finally ......That joyful moment when i felt it slightly move! must of just been that micra though because my super s took 15 mins for a oil,filter,and plugs change.

All in all oil filters can suck!

Try doing one on an sr20. No clearance at all. Boxed in by

Iacv
Chain tensioner.
Intake mani
Power steering pot
Brake mc

Fun job!

the clearance messed me up could not get hold of it solidly and it was only the extra power steering stuff in the way
usually wrapping a rag round em does it,but as no access managed to get that clamp round it tightend solid and bash the edge with the extension socket
you could pop em with screw driver thats messy and i still wouldnt have any much place to turn the driver
i could only get it from beneath
after draining oil till it stops jack the car up drivers side front releases some more old oil
(L10) warning:laugh:

I used an oil filter wrench on the MR2 the other weekend, I had to deform the filter to get it off, I swear it had been put on by the Hulk!

Its simple, get a large screwdrive and stab it in the middle thru to the otherside of the filter giving you a leaver then twis it hahahaha...... thats an old method i used for years if i get into trouble...

But well done !!!!! jobs sorted for ya! :wow:

J

lol my brother done this what your describing and the oilfiler just tore itself apart.

or you could just pop to a motor hardware shop and get a oilfilter removing tool for 9.99. long bar with a chain on it wrap the chain around the filter and push lol

Maybe the lazy ##### who previously fitted most of your filters didnt oil the rubber seal enough causing it to form a stupidly tight seal

Its really stupid for someone to fit on an oil filter tight!! really no need for that!! as long as you lubricate the filter rubber seal ring and hand tight it it will not come loose at all, once the car is up and running with all oil levels stable, then ok get under the car and have a look for leaks, and for a peace of mind slightly hand nip tight the filter for re-assurance and leave it at that, on the next filter change your guaranteed to loosen without all this hassel, people thinking by tightening it wint leak but it can cause problems.. anyway its all done so - sorted!!! (Y)

J

Its nothing to do with over tightening it.

The rubber seal adheres to the block and the filter. Making it hard to undo when it comes time to remove

Back