Nissan Micra K11 - Heater Controls Replacement Bulb

Hi

The bulb which eliminates my Nissan Micra's K11 heater controls has blown.

I have taken the heater controls out but I can not seem to find where the bulb is located.

Has anyone got any ideas where the bulb is located (see pictures) ?

Attachments

• Nissan Micra K11 Heater Control Panel.jpg
    Nissan Micra K11 Heater Control Panel.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,917
DONT peel any plastic off !! { sorry BigScottyUK } the bulbs are right there at the back of the unit, just follow the wires to the bulb holders. There are only two and they illuminate the whole heater/vent control unit, they are a bit fiddly but just twist and pull to undo them { bulbs just pull straight out of the holder its self }

DONT peel any plastic off !! { sorry BigScottyUK } the bulbs are right there at the back of the unit, just follow the wires to the bulb holders. There are only two and they illuminate the whole heater/vent control unit, they are a bit fiddly but just twist and pull to undo them { bulbs just pull straight out of the holder its self }

Suppose if he's removed the whole unit then yes. Mine was still in the dash so was easier to carefully peel off the plastic, change bulbs & stick plastic back on. No bother...all cushty!

Hi guys

Many thanks for these quick response and I very much appreciate it.

Taken the entire heater unit out seems difficult to do especially unhooking the cable to the air vents. So i'm thinking of pealing back the plastic and replacing the bulbs from the front being a good option to do as I think I would need to remove the entire unit to effectively get to the lights behind or is it possible to replace the lights without unhooking the cables and removing the whole unit.

Nissan certainly did not make this an easy maintenance job to do :)

What do you think ?

Hi guys

Many thanks for these quick response and I very much appreciate it.

Taken the entire heater unit out seems difficult to do especially unhooking the cable to the air vents. So i'm thinking of pealing back the plastic and replacing the bulbs from the front being a good option to do as I think I would need to remove the entire unit to effectively get to the lights behind or is it possible to replace the lights without unhooking the cables and removing the whole unit.

Nissan certainly did not make this an easy maintenance job to do :)

What do you think ?

Yes it is perfectly possible to do it without removing the whole unit. See my previous post.

Top tips;
  • carefully peel plastic off. dont bend it too much or it'll go white at the crease.
  • lay it sticky side up to prevent dust/hair/crisps sticking to it.
  • dont push too hard when installing new bulbs. you may push the bulb holder into the unit but it's easy (just fiddly) to pull them back out.
took me 10 mins to do heater panle & bash clocks lights...easy peasy!

Back