Nissan Escargo Van

actually, the guy added the real description underneath the false claim of a Micra suntop:
"THIS VEHCILE IS A NISSAN ESCARGO VAN 1.5 LTR AUTO.THIS WOULD BE PERFECT FOR MARKETING YOU COMPANY AS AN ADVERTISING TOOL AS IT LOOKS LIKE NO OTHER VAN I THINK YOU WILL AGREE!."

As far as I'm aware, This was an homage to the 2cv and was not available as a 1.5 as it was produced at the same time as the Figaro and uses the same mechanicals. We've had them around here as imports for years, our local Nissan dealer has one as a parts van, and from the looks of it another one for parts!!

I've driven one of these contraptions!

It's not a 1.5, as they had exactly the same drivetrain etc as a K10.

Not very fast either as you can imagine. The one I drove was billowing smoke out of the back as basically it was knackered.

The amount of wiered looks you get when driving it is quite laughable to be honest. It's not just wiered looks, most people laugh when they saw it.

-Elliot

i thought these were Sunny based? any way there not a homage to the 2cv, they are a homage to snails! escargot is french for snail, also a cleaver play on words s-cargo

Mat.T said:
i thought these were Sunny based? any way there not a homage to the 2cv, they are a homage to snails! escargot is french for snail, also a cleaver play on words s-cargo
Woo thats what I thought when I first read it, thought I was going crazy! lol

Glad i'm not :cool:

They Are Sunney Based My Dad Used To Have One
They Are Really Fun To Drive And Easy
But You Did Get Some Doggy Looks
But It Was Good Advertisement For My Dads Company
AND THERE 1527CC
YOU CAN GET THEM UP TO 80 BUT IT IS A BIT DOGGY ROUND CORNERS

Just found a new bit of info so I thought I'd tag it to this ancient thread rather than start a new one...

The 1989 Nissan S-Cargo design was directly inspired by the appearance of the tiny French Citroën 2CV camionette or small truck, even including the single spoke steering wheel. The 2CV was relatively popular in Japan at this time. The car was introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show, and was built from 1989 to 1992 by Pike Factory for Nissan. Approximately 12,000 were manufactured. All S-Cargo's are right hand drive. While initially marketed only in Japan, S-Cargo's have spread as grey import vehicles.

Back