Need help with the optical sensor

CMF_GermanMicra

» CMF Member
Hey guys i have a question. The signal of the optical sensor has 5V. Does anybody know how much ampere the sensor need? I must reduce the 12V of the battery to 5V for the signal. And i need the ampere to decide which resistor i can use for this.

Best Regards Oliver

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Mike R WROTE:

"or try building a regulator circuit using a 7805 type device .

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/78xx" title="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/78xx" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/78xx</a>

regards

I thought I'd typed a response in here, but I'd say you're probably better off building a small circuit around a voltage reg like that since regular resistors depend on the load they're put under (or something like that.. it's been a while :p)

I'd really like to know as I've got to do the same for mine if I can't simply change one of the outputs to the right voltage via PWM. Let me know how you go.

---dens

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
does the optical sensor need 5V ? , the Bosch MAF is made to run off a 12v supply but has a signal output in the range of 2 to 5v , with a output signal of 0v or 12v being a fault condition which is recognised by the ECU .

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Mickeybbb WROTE:

"12v input, 0-5v output.

Dens - has much changed since I last saw your micra's? :)

Not a huge amount has happened with the track car - life's sort of been occupied by other things. I've been doing little bits here and there on it but it's slow going. Motivation is key and I haven't had much this past year. Still need to buy you a beer or two for bringing all that **** down for me.

Send me a PM - I'd love to hear how Melbourne is treating you if you're still around these parts :)

---dens

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"Mickeybbb WROTE:

"12v input, 0-5v output.

Dens - has much changed since I last saw your micra's? :)"</div>

Not a huge amount has happened with the track car - life's sort of been occupied by other things. I've been doing little bits here and there on it but it's slow going. Motivation is key and I haven't had much this past year. Still need to buy you a beer or two for bringing all that **** down for me.

Send me a PM - I'd love to hear how Melbourne is treating you if you're still around these parts :)

---dens

Yeah I heard a rumour you got a new missus / got married or something :p That kinda thing can sap your car time for sure!
Beers - definately, I'll show you the evo as well while I still own it.

CMF_GermanMicra

» CMF Member
Hello mates, thank for the answers. I would try to get the 7805. Does anybody know the connection of the dizzy and the coil?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
here,s the signal wire oliver, and the coil is internally wired eh

Attachments

• 65550.jpg
    65550.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 19
Back